I always like to customize my taskbar which definitely has some custom toolbars for my easy and quick access to the items. But at times when I reinstall Windows 8 I face a major problem of setting my new taskbar again and again. I know you all must be facing the same problem when you reinstall Windows 8. I got a quick solution to this major problem of all. You can create a backup of your toolbars displayed on your taskbar and restore them again after reinstalling the Windows. In this article I will show you how to create backup of taskbar toolbars and then how to restore it after installing Windows 8.
How to Backup Windows 8 Taskbar Toolbars
- Press Windows +R keys jointly on the keyboard.
- A Run dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Type regedit on the text field.
- Click Ok to go ahead.
- A User Account Control window will pop looking for your confirmation.
- Click Yes.
- A Registry Editor window is now open.
- Follow this registry path
- Right click on the Desktop folder and select Export.
- Provide a desired name to your exported file and save it in the folder of your choice.
- Your taskbar toolbars will be exported to the *.reg file.
This is the way you would create backup of Windows 8 taskbar toolbars.
How to Restore Taskbar Toolbars on Windows 8
- Open Registry Editor. (Follow the above steps to open Registry Editor)
- Minimize the Registry Editor for further use.
- Now right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- A Task Manager Window appears on the screen.
- Select Details tab.
- Then select explorer.exe
- Click End Task.
- After you end explorer.exe all file browser windows as well as the taskbar will be closed.
- Now go to the Registry Editor window.
- Click File, and then click Import from the menu list.
- Scan your *.reg file and import it by opening it.
- Again go to your Task Manager window.
- Click File.
- Then select Run New Task.
- Create New Task window will appear.
- Enter explorer in the field provided.
- Click Ok.
- The Explorer shell would be active and your toolbars of Windows 8 Taskbar will be restored.