The GT-P7510 tablet of the Samsung Galaxy series is presently ready to be updated to the newest AOKP Jelly Bean MR1 build 5 Custom ROM. This Custom ROM installs Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Mobile Stock OS. It is unofficial custom ROM and launched by AOKP team.
- We can’t be answerable for any type of issues to your GT-P7510 tablet like dead, warranty void while you flash with this ROM. I recommend you to start the custom ROM update process at your personal risk.
- Both flash files mentioned in this post will be applicable only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 model. Do not try t to install these files on any other Galaxy tablet or android phone.
- Confirm Galaxy Tab 10.1 USB drivers have been installed to your computer in order to connect it.
- Check the tab of USB Debugging option from the Android Developer options menu in your Galaxy GT-P7510 tablet.
- In addition, confirm that there is sufficient battery backup (up to 85-90 %) left in your GT-P7510 tablet so that the tablet won’t power off or dead during the ROM installation procedure.
- Before starting AOKP ROM installation process, you need to backup all data like SMS, Call Logs, apps, media files, settings and many more to your computer with kies software or memory card also.
- The Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 model has to be rooted and installed already a custom Recovery image like CWM or TWRP. Without presenting these necessities, you may not start to flash process.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 AOKP Jelly Bean MR1 Build 5 Custom ROM on Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510
Note – Save the both zip file on your computer and do not extract it.
Plug the USB cable to Galaxy GT-P7510 tablet and the computer. Explore the USB mass storage of tablet on the computer screen. Move both files on your device’s internal SDcard and then you can disconnect the phone from PC.
Now move the both zip files (AOKP ROM and Google Apps) to your tablet’s memory card only in Root folder from the computer. Unplug the USB cable from the computer and tablet after moving both zip files.
Then power off your Galaxy tablet and start it into CWM Recovery mode. To do so, push the tablet buttons (volume up+ Home +Power) together until you will boot get recovery mode screen along with several menus.
- Select backup and restore menu with the purpose to create a complete NANDROID backup of present ROM. Besides, it will situate a restore point for your tablet for when after installing new custom ROM, you can restore all previous data and settings simply.
- Check the on screen instructions carefully to start the ROM installation process.
In CWM recovery screen, you have to do wipe data action first. To do so, select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm it from next screen.
Then scroll down to Install zip from SDcard option and press the power button to select it.
Next, press the power button another time and select choose zip from sdcard option from next screen.
Now, find the ROM zip file from root folder of tablet’s memory card by both volume buttons and select it with Power button. Then authenticate it if you wish to install on the tablet.
Once the selected AOKP ROM is installed successfully, repeat all above steps again in order to select Google apps package zip file. To do it, select choose zip from sdcard option and locate the target zip file from memory card. Confirm the install procedure.
When both flash files are installed effectively, return to the main menu of the CWM Recovery mode and Select reboot system now option.
Wait for loading your galaxy GT-P7510 tablet and this first home screen of installed AOKP 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build5 ROM will load around 5 minutes. Thus, you are ready to test fresh Android version on your tablet. To verify it, go to settings and tap on About tablet option by scrolling down.