Windows 8 both versions (Developer or consumer) display new feature Metro Start Screen at startup. Act of accessing Apps as Maps, weather, Calendar, Camera and Many more could be easy with this feature. Enabling and Disabling of Metro Start Screen shows the difference between latest and earlier operating. Due to metro start screen, users feel inconvenience in working with Windows 8 in the beginning. So may of you may want to remove it. If You are trying to restore the previous appearance of Window means disable Metro Start Screen follow these tips.
Disable Metro Start Screen in Windows 8 by Registry editor
- Press Windows Key + R together on the keyboard then display RUN box and type command regedit, hit Enter button.
- Browse following menu in left side.
- Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Select Software.
- Click on Software and Find Microsoft.
- Browse Microsoft and Find Windows options.
- Click Windows, choose Current Version.
- In Current Version tab , Select Explorer.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—SOFTWARE—–MICROSOFT——-WINDOWS——CURRENT VERSION— EXPLORER
- Now Windows registry option will appear in right side.
- Right click on RPEnabled option and choose modify.
- Change the value 0 in place of 1 in this tab. Click OK button and close registry editor.
And now Metro screen window will disable from windows 8 screen permanently.
If you want to restore Metro start screen window again then change the value 1 in place of 0 in RPEnabled menu at registry editor.
Disable Metro Start Screen in Windows 8 through external software
- Download W8DevPre SMT software in your computer as zip format. Extract it and double-click on setup icon to install in the computer.
- the First screen of this software is looking below images.
- Double click on icon Use Classic Start menu.
- In few moments, Metro screen window will vanish and desktop screen display with start menu at the bottom.
If you want to return towards Metro start screen again then click on Use Metro Start Screen option in this software.
Third method –
Disable Metro Start Screen in Windows 8 by Local Group Policy Editor –
- Open RUN box and type gpedit.msc. click ok button.
- in Group Policy editor window, browse the following menu in the left panel.
- At first, Click on Computer Configuration, then you find Administrative Templates.
- In this tab, select Control panel and expand it.
- Now you find Personalization option in right panel.
- Double click on Do not display the lock screen option.
- in the properties tab, check Enabled tab and close window.
Now restart your windows 8 and you do not find metro screen window in startup session.