Microsoft has introduced a modern security feature “Picture Password” in windows 8 (Developer or Consumer) for accessing it under certain security cover. Although users are aware of multiple security features as slap capturing or scanning, Bio-metric, account password etc in general modes. But this security feature in windows 8 is meant for more secure login into computer system.
Brief details of Picture Password – Actually Picture Password asks permission to verify security conditions during system login. It allows you to sketch a gesture (sign) during choosing a picture to lock or start security system. Suppose User sets 2D gestures (sign) in opted picture as password, then your system asks the same 2D gestures ( sign) at the time of logging in. Now important guides are being described below how use Picture Password in windows 8. Have a look:
How to Use Picture Password in Windows 8
- Go to metro Interface tab and click on Control panel app.
- Control Panel tab including multiple options is displayed. Now Click on Users tab after Personalizing. Further, Click on Create a Picture Password in the right pane.
- Type current account password in this tab and click on OK button.
- Next time users have to select a new particular picture to set password from a folder locations or picture folders. Now click on choose Picture button from this tab.
- If you have selected a new picture, next tab asks to set as confirm this picture and click on this button Use this Picture.
- A new tab of Set up Your gestures is showing. Here users have 3 gestures options to configure and create password by either Touching or Clicking to choose picture password.
- Repeat the steps by Touching or Clicking during choosing Picture to configure password. Hit on OK button.
- Now your system will ask to insert Picture password before logging in.