Windows 8 Operating System supports you to access default Internet Explorer browser either from Metro app screen or Desktop mode. The metro interface app of Internet Explorer has been presented specially for touch-enabled devices like tablets.
If you have configured different Internet browsers as default browser in the metro screen then Internet Explorer tile can disappear from the Windows 8 Start Screen. Sometimes you may remove Internet Explorer tile by mistake from metro screen and wish to return back.
Tips for restoring missing Internet Explorer tile in the metro screen –
First tips -
In some cases, you wish to set Internet Explorer as the default browser in Windows 8 then it is a simple method.
- Go to metro app search box via pressing shortcut (windows key + F ) and typing internet explorer.
- Now you will get Internet Explorer app in the left panel search results.
- Choose Internet Explorer Icon and right-click on it. Then some menu options displays at the bottom and choose Pin to start option.
- As a result, you will get Internet Explorer app inside your metro screen.
Second Tips –
- Press shortcut Windows key + R to open Run dialog box.
- Type Command and click on OK button.
- Launch command prompt window and start typing this command C:\Windows\System32\ie4uinit.exe -UserIconConfig and pressing Enter button .
- Now it will add Internet Explorer tile in your metro screen automatically.
Third Tips –
If you want to add Internet Explorer desktop version shortcut in the metro screen
- Firstly explore following paths - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
- Then right-click on the explorer icon and choose Create shortcut from right panel and select yes for desktop from confirmation box.
- Set opted name in the Internet Explorer icon and make a right-click on it. choose Pin to Start option.
Thus you can restore Internet Explorer Tile in the Metro screen through any of above tips.