Run command is one of the old features of Windows operating system. The Run command takes you directly to the desired application or document whose path is known to you within few seconds of time. Now to get the Run command dialog box you have to press two keys of your keyboard, Windows and R at a time. This action leads to open Run dialog box. All you have to do is to enter a path in the Run box and click Ok to get the desired application or document. But if you are in need of Run command very frequently and it really takes your time to open the Run command box via pressing Windows and R keys jointly, then you can create a shortcut of Run command on your desktop and pin Run shortcut on your Taskbar and access it very easily.
How to Make Run shortcut on Desktop in Windows 8
- Right click on the vacant space on desktop and choose New followed by Shortcut.
- Create Shortcut dialog box arrives on the screen.
- Under the heading Type the location of the item, paste the following location –
- In the above location, the letter C denotes the drive where Windows has been installed. If your drive location is different then place that drive letter in which your Windows are installed.
- Hit the Next option to progress the work.
- Type Run in the space field which is asks to Type a name for this shortcut.
- Click the Finish button wrap up the things.
- Go to your Desktop again where you have created Run shortcut.
- Right click on the shortcut created and select Properties.
- Under the Run Properties wizard switch to the Shortcut tab.
- Select the Change Icon link.
- Change Icon dialog box appears on the screen from where you have to select the original icon of the Run command.
- There is field which asks you to Look for icons in this file.
- Paste this in that text field –
- Now you will get the list of icons.
- After you select the original Run command icon, click Ok to set the new icon for the shortcut created.
- Click Apply and then Ok on the Shortcut Properties window to save the changes you have done.
- Now again to the Run shortcut created on your Desktop.
- Right click on the Run shortcut.
- Select Pin to Taskbar.
- Your Run command will be pinned to Taskbar.
Note – The customization of the icon is not important. If you don’t want to change it then no need to follow the customization process. And also, it is not necessary to put the original Run command icon. You can use any other icons also as per your requirement.