How to Use Snipping Tool in Windows 10 to Capture Screenshot – We had already covered few topics on Windows 10 on our website. Today we bring you an interesting description of one of the tools of Windows 10 that most of us would surely learn and apply. Snipping Tool is amongst the other famous tools of Windows operating system that allows you to Capture a copy of anything that happens on your screen.
Windows 10 has also a Snipping Tool option with which you can Capture a snapshot of any happening on your screen. The snapshots are saved as PNG formats, but it also gives the option to save it as GIF, HTML or JPEG format. One of the best features of Snipping Tool is that it allows you to Capture a snapshot of the whole screen and also of the particular part of the screen that you need. You can even make a note of the snip you have taken. You can also email it to others directly from the Snipping Tool Window.
You may like to Read:
- Windows 10 – How to Take Screenshots Using Default Tools
- How to View Remote Desktop on Network and Capture Screenshots
How to Use Snipping Tool in Windows 10
So by now you have understood that today our topic of explanation is Snipping Tool of Windows 10. Lets’ go to the details of open and use Snipping Tool in Windows 10.
How to Open Snipping Tool in Windows 10
- Take yourself to the Start Menu of Windows 10.
- Look for the Snipping Tool in the Cortana search bar.
- Click on the Snipping Tool option to open it.
- Now here at this point, you should know that there are four types of snips provided by the tool.
- Free Form Snip – As the name sounds, you can draw a line or anything as per your need around the area that you want to capture.
- Rectangular Snip – Here you have to hold and drag the cursor around the area to form a rectangular snip.
- Window Snip – This option will allow you to capture a dialog box or a browser window. So open the window that you want to capture and then choose this option and go ahead.
- Full – Screen Snip – You can understand by the name itself. It will capture the full screen.
How to take Snip in Windows 10
- Open the Snipping Tool as explained above.
- Click the small arrow near the New option.
- Select the type of snip that you want to use.
- After selecting the type of snip, crop the area that you want to capture.
- Now save the snapshot in your desired format.
How to Capture Snip of Start Menu in Windows 10
- Open the Snipping Tool on your Windows 10 operating system.
- Now open the menu (for example – Start Menu) whose snapshot you want.
- Now press Ctrl and PrtSc keys on your keyboard.
- This will pop up the Snipping Tool on your screen.
- Now easily capture the Start Menu.
How to Save a Snip in Windows 10
- You know that after taking a snapshot, you need to save it.
- To do so click on the File option and choose the option Save as on the Snipping Tool window.
- Or click the Save As button on the Snipping Tool window.
- Provide a name and choose the file type and save it to your desired location.
How to Share Snip in Windows 10
- In order to use Snipping tool to share, take the snip of the desired area.
- Click on the arrow which is beside Send Snip option.
- Now you have two options.
- Either send the snip as an email recipient or as an attachment.
How to Change Ink Color of Snipping Tool in Windows 10
- Click on the Options choice when you want to Use Snipping Tool to change ink color.
- Snipping Tool Options window is popped up on the screen.
- On the lower part of the window, you will find the Ink Color Selection.
- Use the drop down menu and select the color of your choice.
- Then select the checkbox which says to Show selection ink after snips are captured.
- Click Ok to save the changes.