Our latest article describes the steps to erase the search record of File Explorer in Windows 10. And today we bring you another one to erase the records of File Explorer in Windows 10.
File Explorer icon is situated in the Taskbar in Windows 10. Windows keep on storing the information you have accessed in File Explorer. And hence you can see the jump lists of File Explorer, regularly opened files and folders, recommendations in the address bar and records like that. There are many users who don’t prefer to keep the records of their File Explorer. And also regularly erasing the records also Makes Windows 10 PC Fast. We present you 2 ways to Erase File Explorer Records in Windows 10.
We are showing how the recently opened files and folders are stored in the File Explorer in screenshots below:
- Quick access exhibiting lately opened files and folders:
- File Explorer File Menu Display Unpinned Frequent Places:
- File Explorer on the Taskbar displaying Jump List:
- File Explorer address bar record:
- Search record of the Run command:
How to Erase File Explorer Records in Windows 10
1. Using File Explorer Options
- Fetch Control Panel on your screen.
- Make the icons view in tiny size so you can view all the icons.
- Pick up File Explorer Options.
- A fresh File Explorer Options dialog box arrives on your screen.
- Observe the General tab of File Explorer Options and take your attention to the last section, Privacy.
- Simply hit the Clear button.
- This erases all the records of File Explorer.
- Exit from File Explorer Options dialog box.
2. Through BAT file
- Make a tap on the Download button.
- Reserve the downloaded .bat file to a secure location to access it easily.
- You need to Unblock the downloaded file.
- Now run the file by hitting it twice.
In these ways, you can Erase File Explorer Records in Windows 10 very easily.