Call of Duty has been amongst the most expensive games in the market. However, recently users came across an error code 14515 MW2. If you encounter this problem while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, please read through this article to solve the problem.
What causes error Modern Warfare 2 Error Code 14515 on the system: The issue is mostly caused by server outage. Other than this, a bad internet connection can also trigger this error. Other than this, if the game is obsolete, this glitch can be generated. In this case, you can try the following solutions sequentially:
Error code 14515 MW2
Here is how to fix error code 14515 MW2 (Modern Warfare) in Windows:
Check the status of the Call of Duty server
Since the issue is primarily with the server, we can check the status of the Call of Duty Server. If the server is down, you will not be able to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, no matter what you try. To check the status of the Call of Duty server, go to the website named downdetector.in.
If the Call of Duty Server is not working, the best you can do is wait. If the Call of Duty Server works, proceed to the following solutions.
Restart the game
If the server was down earlier, you will have to restart the game after the server starts working. If you don’t restart the game, it will be stuck at the Modern Warfare 2 Error Code 14515 error. After restarting the game, you will be able to play it. If this doesn’t help, then simply reboot the computer.
Soft Reset the Modem
Before checking the Internet connection interruptions, first, restart your modem so that the network may flow fluently.
- Power off the modem and leave it for minimum 10 seconds.
- Then switch on the adapter.
- Now connect to the internet and start the Game.
Check your internet connection
The internet connection is important for the proper functioning of the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 server. If it is intermittent or slow, you will encounter Modern Warfare 2 Error Code 14515 on your system. The status of the internet connection can be checked as follows:
- Go to Google search in any browser and type “Check internet speed”.
- Click on the RUN SPEED TEST button.
- The internet speed will be displayed.
If the internet is slow, then you might have to increase it since Call of Duty is a heavy game and you need more bandwidth to play it. Thus, you must contact your ISP to escalate the network bandwidth.
- In case, you already have a good enough speed from your internet server provider, but it is not reflecting, then you can try the following solution.
- Type cmd.exe in the Windows Search.
- Select Run as administrator in the right pane to open the elevated Command Prompt window.
- Enter the following command sequentially:
ipconfig /flushdns netsh winsock reset ipconfig /reset ipconfig /renew
- Once the last command has been executed, reboot the system and try connecting to the game again.
Use Google DNS
If the server is working and the game is running well, then the issue could be with a bad DNS. In this case, you can use a universal Domain Name Server to solve the problem. So to fix error code 14515 MW2 follow the steps:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type the shortcut command NCPA.CPL and hit “Enter” to open the Network Connections window.
- Right-click on your active Network Connection.
- Select Properties from the list.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4).
- Select the radio button for Use the following DNS server addresses.
- The values of the fixed DNS will be as follows:
Preferred DNS: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS: 188.8.131.52
- Click on OK to save the settings.
- By now, the error should be fixed.
I hope this was helpful. Please let us know in the comment section below.