Microsoft Jigsaw is a popular puzzle app available in Store but users face different problems with the game sometimes. These are game not loading or opening, crashing, not working, etc. Various factors can contribute to this problem such as outdated application or system glitches that may hinder the app’s functionality. Additionally, conflicts with third-party antivirus software, corrupted app files, or insufficient system resources could be underlying causes. Poor network connectivity may also result in Microsoft Jigsaw malfunctioning at times. Let’s see solutions to Microsoft Jigsaw Not Working in Windows 11.
Here, we will focus on the possible solutions for the Microsoft Jigsaw not working issue on Windows 11. Basically, the focus will be given to 6 proven methods that may come in handy for you to overcome this problem and enjoy the puzzle game smoothly. You will have the step-by-step processes of all the methods to ensure that you can apply them correctly and have seamless puzzle-solving experiences. Without talking more, let’s get to the solutions to solve the Microsoft Jigsaw issue.
Table of Contents
Microsoft Jigsaw Not Working
Here is How to Fix Microsoft Jigsaw Not Working in Windows 11:
Check for Any Update
If you have an outdated Microsoft Jigsaw app in your Windows 11, the app may lead to functionality issues. Compatibility problems arise with the updated Windows system while new features and optimizations do not function correctly.
Updating the app can quickly resolve these challenges and ensure seamless puzzle gaming for you. Here is how you can check the updates:
- Open the “Microsoft Store” from the Start menu.
- Click “Library” situated at the left panel of the Microsoft store.
- Then, press “Get updates” to check and install updates if there are any, especially for the Microsoft Jigsaw app.
Run Microsoft Store Troubleshooter
If the puzzle game app isn’t working on your Windows 11, utilize the Microsoft Store troubleshooter to try and resolve the issue.
Run the troubleshooter to automatically identify and fix problems related to the Microsoft Store to ensure a smooth experience with Jigsaw on your system.
- Type “troubleshoot” in the search box.
- Press Enter to open all the troubleshooters available on your Windows 11.
- Then, choose “Microsoft Store App” and hit “Run”.
- Give the troubleshooter some time to identify the issues and bring automatic solutions. Follow the instructions given to get things going again.
Reset Cache of Your Microsoft Store
If the above methods do not come in handy, then, your Store Cache may be the culprit for the Microsoft Jigsaw not working error on your PC. Because a corrupted cache can lead to app malfunctions which can ultimately cause the app to crash or show errors.
Resetting the store cache may resolve these issues most of the time on Windows 11:
- Press “Win+X” to open the WinX menu.
- Choose “Run” from the menu to open the run dialog.
- Now, enter or paste “wsreset.exe”.
- In the end, press “OK” to reset your Microsoft Store cache.
Replace Your Existing User Account
In case, you are still observing the Microsoft Jigsaw not working error, the issue might be associated with the existing user account. Issues like corrupted user profile data or permissions can disrupt the app to run efficiently.
Setting up a new user account may help bypass these problems and get the solution. Follow these steps carefully to replace your user account:
- Press “Windows+I”, to open “Settings”.
- Navigate to “Accounts > Other users”.
- Now, select “Add account”.
- Then, hit “I don’t have this person’s sign-in info”.
- Opt for “Add a user without a Microsoft account”, fill details necessary, and click “Next”.
- Now, log out from your computer system and sign in with the new account that you just created.
After being logged in with the new user account, try to open your Microsoft Jigsaw app to check whether the issue persists.
Reset Your MS Jigsaw
The above methods should have brought the solution for the Microsoft Jigsaw not working error by now. However, if you still encounter that issue, you should now consider resetting the Jigsaw app to get the best possible solution for your Windows 11.
It will resolve common issues by clearing glitches and restoring default settings. Here is the procedure for the reset:
- Press Windows and I and select Apps from Settings.
- Select Installed apps.
- Scroll down to find “MS Jigsaw” and click on 3 dots.
- Then, select “Advanced options”.
- Then, click “Reset” from the next page.
- Confirm the reset shown in the pop-up to imitate the process.
After the reset, you must restart your computer to check whether the issue is gone.
Reinstall Your Microsoft Jigsaw
Here is the final method that you can apply and expect the Microsoft Jigsaw not working issue to be solved. Reinstalling the Jigsaw app can address issues like corrupted files or incomplete installations to offer a clean start.
You can simply uninstall the current version, visit the Microsoft Store, download and reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw for a fresh and trouble-free experience on your game. To reinstall Microsoft Jigsaw, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Apps > Installed apps > Microsoft Jigsaw.
- Click on 3 dots and select “Uninstall”
- Visit the Microsoft Store and search for the Microsoft Jigsaw.
- Press the “Install” or “Get” button to download and install the app on your Windows 11.
- Launch the installed Jigsaw App and follow the instructions to finish the reinstalling process.