If you possess new Windows 10 OS and you are installing a new software then the Software Protection service may remind you whether Windows is activated or not, whether software is from the reliable source or not, etc. Due to which you fail to install this software on your Windows 10 PC. Even, if you want to use Microsoft Office on your PC then you may receive the following error:
Microsoft Office can’t find your license for this application. A repair attempt was unsuccessful or was cancelled. Microsoft Office will exit now.
Actually, it happens when the Software Protection service is getting some trouble. When you run services.msc command to open the Software Protection service there you will find it is not running.
When you try to access then you will again get a new following error:
Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer.
Error 5: Access is denied.
In this post, we will provide you few tips to fix the Windows could not Start the Software Protection Service on your PC. You need only to follow its steps carefully. Let’s start how it can be done.
How to fix Windows could not Start the Software Protection service in Windows 10
You need to activate your Windows you have installed earlier and go further for more instructions below.
Open File Explorer. For a quick response, you can just press Windows and E buttons simultaneously and substitute the following folder:
Check for the file under sppsvc.exe name and take ownership of it in the System32 folder.
If you have done above then try to start Software Protection service. Even you getting the same issue then go for another method using Registry Editor to fix them.
- Hit Windows and R keys all together to get run dialog box on your screen and type regedit in the same box then press OK button.
- Navigate the following keys carefully in the right pane of Registry Editor window:
Note: If these keys are not available then you need to just create these Registry Keys in the editor.
- When you approach the SoftwareProtectionPlatform key make right-click on the same and choose Permissions.
- Next, click on sppsvc under Group or user names section. Then mark the checkboxes Full control and Read for Allow in this window.
- Finally, tap on Apply button followed by OK button.
Now, you can close the Registry Editor and restart your PC. This is to be done to save for what you have changed on your PC. After, you will no longer face this type of troubles again.