The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with base firmware XXLSR for Galaxy S2 I9100G has been released. With immediate effect, the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware is made available in France and expected that it will be available soon in the rest of the regions. In latest Jelly Bean Firmware, Samsung has included new Nature UX interface that is similar to Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. It includes Direct Call, Pop-up Play and Smart Play features. You will meet with key specification of Android 4.1.2 XXLSR Jelly Bean while following remaining tutorial.
- It offers creamy sleek role with nice stability.
- It has new Lock screen with numerous optimization options.
- Much developed Camera tools.
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- It offers similar UI as Galaxy S3
- New Widgets from Galaxy S3
- Two Home Screen modes
- Google Now
- New Notification bar with Toggles
Once you need to install Android 4.1.2 XXLSR Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100G then follow rest part of the article.
Step 1. Download Android 4.1.2 XXLSR Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S2 I9100G on your PC.
Step 2. Now extract downloaded firmware zip containing following address:
Step 3. Download Odin v3.04 and extract contents of zip file to computer folder:
Step 4. Turn off your Galaxy S2
Step 5. In Turn On condition, you need to press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power button to keep the phone into download mode. In such process, when you get warning screen message then press Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 6. Open Odin window by double clicking on extracted Odin3.v3.04.exe file.
Step 7. Now connect your phone with the computer, using USB cable, you get ‘Added’ message in Odin window in the bottom left part.
Step 8. In Odin window, you need to click on PDA button and browse:
Step 9. Then click to ‘Start’ button in existing Odin window to begin flashing Android 4.1.2 firmware on Galaxy S2 I9100G device. Once the process of installation completes, you see ‘Pass’ message and your device automatically reboot. When you see Samsung Logo on screen, you need to unplug USB cable or disconnect device from the computer.
Before applying above tips and tricks, you should be assured about necessary customization as:
- To download and install Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G USB Drivers on Computer.
- To enable USB debugging (You can easily enable by rooting to: Press Menu < Settings < Application. Here, you need to go and click on ‘Development’ option then confirm that debugging mode of USB is turned on.
- To get Backup of all personal data from phone memory.
- To have more than 80% battery power.
Note: Once the installation gets completed, Galaxy S2 will lose custom ROM. Its custom recovery would be replaced by stock recovery. As ‘Android 4.1.2 XXLSR’ Jelly Bean is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G, trying above tips and trick on other devices would be shocking.