If you have installed XP or Windows 7 after formatting in computer then it shows only single local drive (C drive) in explorer. You become nervous due to showing single drive and want to create extra local drive (more than 3) for storing backup.
Already having local drives on your computer are not working properly due to virus attack, unable to move or save the file in another drive, shown some error message etc. Then you will have to create a new partition of the local drive.
How To Format and Create partition of Local hard drive
But how it will possible simply
- You should take the backup of all local drives in USB Pen drive or USB hard disk before starting the process of creating a drive.
- Never try to delete local disk (C:) during process otherwise previously installed Operating will be lost from your computer.
Delete local drive partition
- Search computer icon on desktop screen, right-click and select Manage.
- Now double click on Disk Management option in the left panel under Computer Management tab.
- Then it shows all local drive partition details on your computers.
- Now select any local drive from the bottom and choose Delete Volume by right click.
- Then it shows a new tab with some message and select Yes button.
- you have to delete all local drive partition of your computer one by one successfully.
Create partition of Local hard drive in Computer
- you may create new local drives (more than 3) with this simple process.
- Right click on shown un-partition free space (366.58 GB) tab and select choose New Simple Volume.
- Here new window ( New Simple Volume Wizard) is showing and choose the Next button.
I hope, after following above mention tips you can access from new fresh local drives partition without any hurdle.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors