The AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM for HTC Desire Z device has been presented a couple days ago. The XDA developer put enormous effort behind developing AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for HTC Desire Z. As HTC itself has not pressed Firmware updates for Desire Z device for longer period. As a result the users having HTC Desire Z were kept away from latest variety of custom ROM. With arrival of AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM to install on HTC Desire Z device, all earlier issue related to firmware updates would sort out. If you have HTC Desire Z and looking to install latest variety of custom ROM like: AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean then you may follow rest part of existing tutorial.
AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM is neither creation of Google or HTC. It is merely custom ROM that developed on XDA daïs. It brings latest Jelly Bean updates on HTC Desire Z device. It is more stable than earlier custom ROM version. Before installing AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on HTC Desire Z, users need to take a few steps that shown below.
- Users need to transfer important file between PC and HTC Desire Z while installing custom ROM updates. Once you properly install HTC Desire Z USB Drivers on PC, you can connect PC and HTC Desire Z then transfer important files successfully. If you have not downloaded particular USB Drivers version on PC then you may follow Driver Download Section of this website or click on link below to install on PC:
Download HTC Desire Z USB Drivers
- Activate USB debugging mode on HTC Desire Z. The activated USB debugging helps to make strong connection between both devices.
- Check that your HTC Desire Z has remained 80-85% battery strength to work across installing custom ROM. You probably know that process of custom ROM installation needs fair amount of time. So, make sure that HTC Desires has enough battery to work smoothly.
- Never forget to store HTC Desire Z memory backup in other storage media.
- Unlock HTC Desire Z Bootloader function then install ClockworkMod Recovery on your device.
On seeing that above measures have been applied then you may move to update HTC Desire Z to Android 4.2.2 AOSP Jelly Bean custom ROM.
Process to update HTC Desire Z on AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM
At first, you need to install AOSP Android 4.2.2 ROM and Google Apps one after another at your PC.
Download Android 4.2.2 AOSP ROM
Download Google Apps
Moving ahead, you have to connect PC and HTC Desire Z through USB cable.
Then copy zip files of both Android 4.2.2 ROM and Google Apps from PC. After then paste both files at SD Card of HTC Desire Z.
In further move, switch HTC Desire Z off.
Now switching HTC Desire Z into Bootloader Mode. The HTC Desire Z functions in Bootloader Mode while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button on Turning device on condition.
On seeing navigation instruction, you need to select BOOTLOADER then access RECOVERY.
At ClockworkMod Recovery users have to wipe existing data after then scroll down and select ‘flash zip from SD card’. You may choose ‘flash zip from SD card’ after taping Power Button of HTC Desire Z.
Once more Tap on Power Button of HTC Desire Z to ‘choose zip from sdcard’
Now you need to navigate zip files ‘Android 4.2.2 ROM’ & ‘Google Apps’ at SD card, using Volume Key. Then select ‘Android ROM’ zip file by pressing Power Button. On seeing confirm Installation message, you need to grant permission to install.
As soon as update installation completes, you need to reach ‘+++++Go Back’ and restart your HTC Desire Z. Your device reboots within 5 minutes after installing custom ROM updates.
Caution: Process shown above would be applied in condition of updating HTC Desire Z on AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM. Trying above tips to update other devices than Desire Z will make such device permanently dead.