In recent past, CyanogenMod team has produced CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM that well suited many Android Devices. It is more stable custom ROM. It brings multiple customization option including with many features. Recent updates shows that CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM is now available for LG Optimus LTE SU640 device. If you have LG Optimus LTE SU640 in your possession and wanting to install latest updates of CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM then you may follow rest part of the existing article.
It is noted that CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is unbranded custom ROM. Neither Google nor LG itself has developed this custom ROM. Only after considering factual updates of CM10.1 M2 Android Jelly Bean, you may install this custom ROM on LG Optimus LTE SU640. Remember, you have to make minor changes that shown just below before going to install CM10.1 M2 Android Jelly Bean on your LG Optimus LTE SU640.
- At first install LG Optimus LTE SU640 USB drivers on your PC. It will help to connect PC and LG Optimus LTE consequently transfer files between both devices. For installing LG Optimus LTE SU640 USB drivers, you have to use either download driver section of this website or follow below link:
Download LG Optimus LTE SU640 USB Drivers
- Ensure that you have backed up all important Phone Memory data in separate storage media to restore later on after installing custom ROM.
- Backup is essential act to save data on across installing custom ROM updates.
- Activate USB debugging functions on your LG Optimus devices to make sure safe file transfer between PC and LG Optimus LTE device.
- Just check LG Optimus battery level before installing custom ROM. Ideally the device to be updated on latest custom ROM should have 80-85% of remained battery capacity.
- Install ClockworkMod recovery on LG Optimus LTE.
- Ensuring that above changes are applied then you may go ahead to install CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus LTE SU640.
How to install CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on LG Optimus:
Act of installing custom ROM begins with downloading Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM and Google Apps on after another on your PC.
Download CM10.1 M2 Android 4.2.2
Download Google Apps
Then connect PC to LG Optiums through USB cable.
In next move, you need to copy earlier downloaded Android 4.2.2 zip from PC and paste it on LG Optimus SD card. Repeat the same process to copy downloaded Google Apps zip from PC and Paste the same to SD card.
Switching LG Optimus off and unplug USB cable as well.
Moving ahead, you need to switch LG Optimus into Recovery Mode. Your LG device can function in Recovery Mode while turning device on followed by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button altogether.
Above act leads that device to enter into Recovery Mode. In ClockworkMod recovery, users need to wipe all such data then scroll down and select ‘flash zip from SD card’. To select ‘flash zip from SD card’, you need to click on Power Button of LG Optimus device.
Once again press Power Button of your LG Optimus to ‘choose zip from sdcard’
Just navigate ‘Android 4.2.2 ROM zip’ & Google Apps zip at SD card after pressing Volume Key of LG Optimus. Now select that navigated ROM zip and Google Apps zip, using Power Button of LG Optimus device. On seeing installation message on LG Optimus screen, you are required to grant permission.
Once installation process completes, you need to get access to ‘+++++Go Back’ and restart that LG Optimus device. You get ‘Restart system now’ function in Recovery Menu. Within 5 minutes, your LG Optimus device runs on installed custom ROM.
Caution: Tricks mentioned above to be applied to install CM10.1 M2 Android Jelly Bean on LG Optimus LTE SU640. If anyone apply above tricks to install CM10.1 M2 Android Jelly Bean on other variants, it would make that device permanently dead. So, never try above method to update other Android device than LG Optimus LTE SU640.