KB4524147 is out on 8th October 2019 with certain major changes for version 1903. Focusing on Build 18362.388, this cumulative update addresses the issues related to Print Spooler and .Net 3.5. Similar to other patches, this package also contains some issues that you may encounter after installing this update.
Microsoft lets you download KB4524147 for version 1903 in two different ways. You can either visit the Microsoft Update Catalog page and manually search for the aforementioned KB. Depending on the device’s architecture, download and install the one that suits you. Secondly, you can choose to grab the package through the Windows Update settings page as well. Now, let us explore the details that this cumulative update has to offer you.
KB4524147 Windows 10 1903 [Patch Tuesday] – 08 Oct 2019
Following is the list of key modifications that this Tuesday patch carries forward –
- The release of this cumulative update deals with the Print Spooler trouble. The service used to cause print jobs to fail from operating. Certain applications may close or throw error messages like remote procedure call (RPC) error.
- KB4524147 figure out the issue that occurs when you make an attempt to install Features On Demand (FOD). For example, .Net 3.5 and error message is “The changes couldn’t be complete. Please reboot your computer and try again. Error code: 0x800f0950”.
Known Issues in this Update
- Applications communicating with the V4 printer driver might close or throw errors while you make an attempt to print. Moreover, problems can occur anytime when the app is running, depending on when it interacts with the print driver.
- The Print Spooler service (in short spoolsv.exe) may encounter issues. It may close or errors in “jscript.dll” with exception code 0xc0000005 followed by causing the print jobs to stop processing. Certain parts of the print job might print and the rest can get canceled or show errors.
Microsoft resolves this problem with the release of KB4517389.
How to Get KB4524147
For the better and smooth installation of this patch, you should ensure to install the latest servicing stack update (viz SSU). This enhances the reliability of the update procedure and reduces potential issues.
You have two ways to get this Tuesday patch for your computer. You can either visit the Microsoft Update Catalog and search for the required KB. Once you find it, download the one that corresponds to the architecture of your system.
In addition, you can proceed with the Windows Update settings as well.
- Simply, open Windows Settings using the key combination of Win + I.
- Go to the Update & security tab and do a click on it.
- Reach out to the right pane of the following page and click on Check for updates. The system will scan and list down all the available patches.
- Click the Download button and install the available ones.
Source – Release note