The releases of cumulative updates are going on and today Microsoft rolls out KB4549951. Both Windows 10 versions 1909 (OS Build 18363.778) and 1909 (OS Build 18362.778) share common updates with this patch. It includes several quality updates with no additional problems.
Microsoft Update Catalog offers the standalone package for both the versions where the manual installation is required. Whereas, the automatic process will be through Windows Update. Go through the below section and explore all the details that 1909 and 1903 versions include in this patch.
KB4549951 Windows 10 1909 and 1903 Update
Here is the list of details that KB4549951 offers for both 1909 and 1903 versions –
Highlights for Windows 10 version 1909
This specific security patch contains certain standard enhancements. Following are the key modifications –
- KB4549951 includes all the improvements from its previous version Windows 10 1903.
- As of now, the team is not familiar with any additional issues in this roll out.
Highlights for Windows 10 version 1903
Below are the major changes that version 1903 carries –
- Microsoft deals with a problem that averts certain programs from installing if they are published using a Group Policy Object.
- Improvisation in security when using Microsoft products like “Windows Virtualization, Windows Update Stack, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows Management, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, and Windows Shell”.
- Updates are also there to develop security when the operating system carries out basic functionalities.
- The storage and management of files are also updated.
With this update, the giant corporation is presently not aware of any problems.
How to Get KB4549951
There are certain conditions that the system has to meet in order to get KB4549951. Microsoft highly proposes you install the latest servicing stack update before making an attempt to grab this patch. Doing this will ensure the reliability of the update procedure which further helps in mitigating potential complications. Moreover, it will also protect from problems that might occur while applying Microsoft fixes.
One of the ways to get KB4549951 is through Windows Update. Go through these steps to accomplish the task –
- Press “Winlog + I” keys together to directly Open Windows Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates on the right-side pane. Wait for the system to fetch all the available updates on the screen. Once they are visible, click Download.
- After downloading the updates, Restart Windows 10 PC to install them successfully.
As an alternative, visit Microsoft Update Catalog, download and install the compatible architecture.
Source – Release Note