A new security patch arrived for Windows 10 v1909 on 09 Feb 2021. KB4601315 is the update that changes the build to 18363.1377 and carries some significant fixes and improvements. This is a regular monthly security update and a part of the Tuesday release.
You are able to install this CU straight through Windows update furthermore from the Microsoft update catalog website.
KB4601315 Windows 10 1909 18363.1377 Released
Here is the changelog –
Improvements and fixes
- The package addresses a probable elevation of privilege vulnerability in the win32k component.
- This Feb PatchDay LCU packages brings Security updates to Windows Apps, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Management, Windows Authentication, Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Core Networking, Windows Hybrid Cloud Networking, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, and Windows Fundamentals.
You are able to see a detailed listing and elaboration on the Security Update Guide website.
Windows Update Improvements
Microsoft has rolled out an update straight to the Windows Update client to boost reliability. Windows 10 powered system and Enterprise and Professional versions will obtain the feature update as per compatibility and Windows Update for Business deferral policy. This policy is not applicable to long-term servicing editions.
KB4601315 Known issues
|User certificates, as well as system, might be missing when updating from Windows 10 1809 or greater to a later version. If you have received Sep 16 or subsequent LCU and try to update to a greater version using an installation source or media then this error occurs. Remember that the issue appears only when you haven’t Oct 13, 2020, or later LCU integrated. This mess up mainly occurs when you get the update via outdated media or bundles using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager or WSUS. Furthermore, the error might also eventuate when using outdated ISO images or physical media that do not have the latest updates installed.
Important – Windows Update for Business are not impacted by this problem.
|To mitigate it you will need to uninstall window by going back to your previous version – see here. More over you can increase the days for uninstalling –
How to change the roll back period to 60 days in Windows 10.
|The Redmondians and Discord have discovered incompatibility problems with some games using Direct3D 12 when the in-game overlay feature of Discord is enabled. You might notice an error when trying to open affected games or termination of the game silently.||To quickly solve this issue, you can disable the in-game overlay available in settings staying in the Discord app.
An update to the Discord app has settled this issue now. Therefore, right click on the Discord icon from the notification area and choose – Check for updates….
How to Download KB4601315 and install
Before starting the patching remember to install the latest version of SSU which is KB4601395 for Windows 10 1909. Now follow the instructions below –
1] Using Windows update
- Click the – Search.
- Type – updates.
- Select – Check for updates.
- After downloading gets over, reboot the computer to finish the installation.
2] Via Direct download link
- Click the KB4601315 direct download link – Microsoft update catalog.
- Select the file compatible with your system (from x86, x64, and ARM64) and click the – Download.
- Right click on the .MSU update file and select – Open.