Windows 10 2004 and 20H1 have received Dynamic Update (25/03/20121). This release is aimed to improve the Safe OS that is used to modify the Windows recovery environment (WinRE) for the respective versions. Usually, this kind of rollout updates Setup DU, SafeOS DU, Servicing Stack Update (SSU)/Critical DU, Latest Cumulative Update (LCU)/General Distribution Release (GDR) DU, Language Pack (LP) and Feature On Demand (FOD) DU, and Driver DU.
KB5000983 package is available through Windows update furthermore you can install the same manually from the Microsoft catalog.
KB5000983 Dynamic Update for Windows 10 2004 and 20H2
Here is the changelog –
The patch installs files having the attributes that are listed in the release note (link in bottom). This patch is a substitution of KB4586858.
How to install the Compatibility update
You can install this compatibility update via either of the following ways –
Through Windows update
- Click on Search, type updates, and hit Enter.
- Select – Check for updates.
- The patch will be downloaded and installed automatically and you don’t need to reboot the system.
Using Microsoft update catalog
- Go to KB5000983 direct download link –
- Find the file compatible with your system architecture and click the – Download.
- A separate page will open; click on the solitary link there.