Following the routine monthly release, the cumulative update for Windows 11 has come on Patch Tuesday 10/05/2022. KB5013943 is the LCU being rolled out to increase the OS version and add improvements and bug fixes.
Full name of the Security patch is – 2022-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based System (KB5013943) where x64 is variable and it can be ARM64 or x86.
May 2022 Cumulative update Windows 11 KB5013943
Here is KB 5013943 changelog –
Changes and bug fixes
- Addresses a known issue that might cause issues for some .NET Framework 3.5 apps or prevent those apps from opening. The affected apps use certain optional components in .NET Framework 3.5, such as Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and Windows Workflow (WWF) components.
- Addresses a known issue that might cause your screen to flicker if you start your device in Safe Mode. Components that rely on explorer.exe, such as File Explorer, the Start menu, and the taskbar, might be affected and appear unstable.
|IT admins||Once you receive the patch dated 11/01/2022 or subsequent, recovery discs (CD or DVD) created through Backup and Restore (Windows 7 in Control Panel might fail to start.
If you have installed the update previous to 11/01/2022 you will not be affected.
Remark – This problem does not affect third-party backup or recovery apps.
|The company is active to find a resolution and will send an update in an upcoming release.|
How to download KB5013943 on Windows 11 and install
Before starting to install LCU KB5013943 make sure that the most recent Servicing Stack Update for Windows 11 22000.652 is already installed. Now follow any method –
1] Using Automatic Windows update
Commonly the update is automatically installed and you need nothing to do for installation except selecting Restart now. But you can check it on your own anytime using the below steps –
- Press Winkey.
- Type – updates.
- Hit Enter to directly launch the Windows update Settings page.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Once the downloading of the patch is finished, you will come across a pop op; select Restart now on this.
2] Via manual method through Microsoft update catalog
- Navigate to KB5013943 direct download link.
- Once on the Microsoft update catalog page, find the Windows update suitable for your computer.
- Click on Download.
- Another pop-up of a page will appear on the screen; select the link located there.
- In a little time, the patch will be downloaded. Double click on the .MSU file.
- Select Yes on the verification prompt.
Windows 11 May 10, 2022 KB5013943 pic.twitter.com/78KfYdB2lh
— WalkingCat (@_h0x0d_) May 10, 2022