Windows 10 1909 has obtained the last Patch Tuesday security update a while ago because May 10 2022 is the day for end of service for this version. KB5013945 is the patch id of the release that brings a few changes and improvements for the version. The rollout increases the Windows 10 1909 version to 18363.2274.
The complete name of this May 10 2022 security update is – 2022-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based System (KB5013945). x64 might be x86 or ARM64 depending on the bit of CPU of your computer.
Cumulative update May 2022 KB5013945 for Windows 10 1909
Here is KB 5013945 changelog –
Changes and bug fixes
- This patch Tuesday release has added improvements for servicing the Secure Boot component of Windows.
- KB5013945 addresses listing or modifying name suffixes routing might fail when you use the Active Directory Domains or Netdom.exe and Trusts snap-in. You might encounter an error message – Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service during this process. This problem started after installing the January 2022 security patch on the PDCe aka primary domain controller emulator.
- Furthermore, the patch addresses an issue that causes the primary domain controller or PDC of the root domain to cause warning and error events in the System log. This problem happens when the PDC incorrectly tries to scan outgoing-only trusts.
- Finally, the cumulative update addresses a known issue related to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) app in Control Panel. This bug might prevent recovery discs (DVD or CD) from starting. This issue also occurs after receiving Windows 11/01/2022 update or later.
There is no known issue in this release till now.
How to download KB5013945 on Windows 10 1909 and install
Prior to getting this update, ensure that the Servicing Stack update or SSU is already installed on the device. Now follow any of the methods –
1] Using automatic Windows update
- Press Windows key on the keyboard.
- Type updates.
- Hit Enter to launch Windows update settings.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Allow the system to complete the downloading.
- Click Restart now when you are asked.
2] Via Microsoft update catalog
- Click on the KB5013945 direct download link.
- You will reach the Microsoft update catalog page for the update.
- Find the accurate link for your computer and click on the Download button for that.
- A different page will appear; select the link lying there.
- Once the downloading is finished back to the desktop.
- Access the download location and double click on .MSU file.
- Choose Yes from the prompt and the patch install.