A few days back, Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 JDQ39 authorized firmware has been launched for Nexus 4 devices. Now the most recent LiquidSmooth custom ROM (RC1) is also present. It offers a number of custom enhancements and advanced android experience on Nexus 4 version.
Note down to main Points
- LiquidSmooth ROM is appropriate only for LG Nexus 4 E960 model.
- It is better to back up all important data and settings through either ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery method or manually.
- Due to low battery power your Nexus device may dead during firmware process. So Nexus device should be charged up to 80 percent battery power.
- Install compatible Nexus USB drivers on your system. Download USB drivers
- Enable USB Debugging mode.
- Confirm that your nexus device has already done the process of root with CWM recovery method.
All tips provided in this post are intended for suggested use only. Howto-connect will not be answerable if your device damages during or after firmware installation. Therefore, nexus users must keep on at their individual risk.
- Download Zip file of LiquidSmooth ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Nexus 4 E960
- Google Apps
Let’s follow steps of Installing Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth Jelly Bean ROM
- At first plug USB cable to your Nexus 4 device and the computer.
- Next copy the both downloaded zip files to the root folder of the Nexus device plugged SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer and then turn off your Nexus device.
Press and hold three device buttons (Volume UP, Volume Down and Power) at the same time in order to launch into recovery mode. Then the screen of device blinks for few second and let set all buttons free. Within recovery mode, the function of Volume button is used to scroll while power button is used to choose any option.
If the task of data backup completes then click on Wipe Data/Factory Reset option. Next screen asks you to choose Yes and confirm option. In few minutes, the process of wipe data will be finished.
Now go back to recovery mode main screen. Click on Wipe Cache Partition option. Under advance option, click on Wipe Dalvik Cache option.
Next, choose Install zip from SD card option in recovery main screen. Then click Choose zip from SD card option. Now search for copied zip folder and select Liquid-JB-v2.1-RC1-mako.zip named file via pressing Power button. A confirmation message prompts on the device screen and click on yes option. As result the process of ROM installation will start.
After finishing the process of ROM installation, follow again the function like step 5. Next select the gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip file of Google apps package from SD card root folder.
Step – 6
After installing the Google Apps package, come back to the recovery mode main screen and tap on Reboot System Now option. This boot process will take few minutes. Now Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth Jelly Bean Rom is successfully installed and working on your LG Nexus 4 E960 device.