A big update for Dev! Microsoft Edge Insider is receiving several amazing features and changes such as sign-in and sync for Linux and cross-browser website compatibility. Furthermore, a plethora of bug fixes, reliability improvements, and behavior changes are wrapped in the release.
The new version introduces built-in Edge themes, ability to launch a PDF in Secure Mode, access the current page in Immersive Reader, and more.
Microsoft Edge Dev 91.0.831.1
Here is Microsoft Edge Dev 91.0.831.1 Changelog –
- The browser is presenting built-in Edge themes! You can choose the simple color schemes from edge://settings/appearance. See more.
- The new build is bringing sign-in and sync for Linux users! Please note that this is only supported for Microsoft Accounts currently, and you may have to enable a flag to get this setting. To Know some troubleshooting steps, click here.
- This new Dev channel version also introduces cross-browser website compatibility. See details of this multi-company effort.
Microsoft Edge Dev 91.0.831.1 features
- The current version added an option to the right-click context menu of the browser in order to access the current page in Immersive Reader. Remember that this choice is only available on pages that are eligible for running in Immersive Reader.
- The updated release added system theme for the browser on Linux.
- Added a management policy to manage to launch a PDF in Secure Mode. Updates to documentation or administrative templates may not have occurred till now.
- Dev channel browser included a management policy to control specific content from Microsoft News if New Tab Page Content is Enabled.
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed a crash that occurs when using Family Safety.
- Fixed a crash that occurs when submitting feedback.
- Settled an issue Edge crashing in Kiosk mode when navigating to certain websites.
- Application Guard windows occasionally unexpectedly close in the browser. The build has solved this issue.
- Insider browser crashes on close and throws a prompt to restore tabs that unexpectedly appear the next time it’s opened. The issue is fixed with this build.
- Fixed Youtube or other similar websites sometimes crash soon after loading.
- Fixed an issue where Progressive Web Apps or websites installed as apps sometimes fail to open.
- Fixed Web Widget in the browser, at times, appears blank or frozen.
- Fixed some websites don’t load the first time, you need to manually reload the page when using Family Safety.
- Settled URL suggestions when the typed URL results in a failed navigation but is similar to a known URL are broken.
- Microsoft Edge Dev 91.0.831.1 fixed autofill suggestion popup appears additional times than expected per page.
- Fixed autofill popup appearing on fields are not expected or relevant.
- Fixed pinning a website to the Start menu using the edge://apps menu fails.
- Fixed clicking a desktop notification from a Progressive Web App or website installed as an app doesn’t open the app to that specific content if the app wasn’t open.
- Fixed right-click context menu option to add all tabs to a Collection is disabled unexpectedly sometimes in one menu when it works in another.
- Fixed images sometimes don’t load when accessing pages in Immersive Reader.
- Fixed printing via an extension fails.
- Fixed media keys on the keyboard sometimes don’t work.
- Fixed individual tabs can’t be restored from previous windows in the recently closed section of the History popup because the windows don’t expand.
- Fixed unable to switch the camera a website is using because the selection drop-down is disabled when using multiple cameras.
- Fixed tab hover cards stuck on screen, even over other apps sometimes.
- Fixed Kids Mode sometimes can’t be escaped from since reopening Edge after exiting Kids Mode results in going right back into Kids Mode.
- Microsoft Edge Dev 91.0.831.1 fixed management policy to redirect sites From Internet Explorer (IE) Prevent BHO Install sometimes fail to work after updating Edge.
- Deprecated the management policy to manage whether or not Tab Freezing is Enabled. This policy has been followed by management policies for Sleeping Tabs.
- Certain extensions, for example, the Microsoft Editor extension don’t function on Linux. Just after installing, they’re crashed and disable. The team is currently investigating.
- If you have installed and are using ad blocking extensions in the Dev channel browser you may confront any playback errors on Youtube. Temporarily disable the extension and continue watching. For more information, read this help article.
- Some users are still encountering STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error code with straightaway crash of all tabs and extensions. Outdated security solutions or antivirus programs from vendors like Symantec are the prominent cause, and in those cases, updating that software will fix it.
- Web pages, for example, Gmail fail to load when Kaspersky Internet Suite and associated extensions are installed. This occurs because of obsolete main Kaspersky software and is thus fix it by installing the latest version.
- Some users are still noticing favorites get duplicated. The browser is receiving automatic deduplication that should lessen the issue. The team has found out that duplication occurs when running the manual deduplicator on multiple machines. In this situation, machine has the possibility to completely sync its changes, so ensure to leave a lot of time in between running the deduplicator.
- Some users are encountering wobbling behavior when scrolling via trackpad gestures or touch screens, where scrolling in one dimension also causes the page to subtly scroll back and forth in the other. Important to know that this only affects certain websites and seems to be worse on certain devices. This is commonly related to your running work to bring scrolling back to parity with the behavior of Edge Legacy. Therefore, if this behavior is unacceptable, you are able to temporarily turn it off by disabling the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag.
Source – Techcommunity Microsoft Edge insider.