ScreenToGif is a handy and popular tool to record a specific area of your computer screen you select. Furthermore, the utility allows to use the live feed from your webcam, or live drawing from a sketch board. Later, you can edit and store the animation as a png, a gif video, png, or psd images.
Today, ScreenToGif 2.27.2 has been released with some bug fixes. The latest version of this app has also some known issues.
ScreenToGif 2.27.2 Released with bug fixes
Here is ScreenToGif 2.27.2 changelog –
- If you tried to open the app while not having .Net 4.8 installed, a crash was happening the before the message could appear explaining that .Net 4.8 was required.
- Gifski was shrinking the size of gifs bigger than 800×600.
- It was not possible to download FFmpeg.
- Error when trying to recording using DirectX. (Invalid call)
- Impossible to load SharpDX libraries.
- Error after recording, while opening the editor window.
- The video importer keeps loading indefinitely
- When saving a gif using the overwrite option while the output file has a usage lock, no error appears.
- The newer recorder does not let you move (by dragging) the selected region to other windows.
- When using the capture option “Capture a frame only when something changes on screen” and moving the recording window, the recording will glitch.
- The Previous/Next repeat buttons are only triggering the events once.
- Full screen recording.
- Capture using DesktopDuplication (DirectX).
ScreenToGif 2.27.2 download links
Portable zip – ScreenToGif.2.27.2.Portable.zip 1350KB
MSI File – ScreenToGif.2.27.2.Setup.msi 3.25MB
Source – GitHub Project.