Windows Defender Scheduled Scan – If Windows Defender is on then it will let know you whenever a spyware and unwanted software try to install itself into your system. The only problem with the Windows Defender in Windows 10, 8 is that you can’t setup automatic scheduled scans by default. Now if you want to setup a scheduled scan of Windows Defender to run automatically then you have to follow the tips below.
How to Setup Windows Defender Scheduled Scan to Run Automatically on Windows 10, 8
- Go to Start Screen.
- Open the Charms bar from the right edge of the Start Screen.
- Click on the Search option.
- Type Scheduled Tasks in the search field.
- Scheduled Tasks will come, select it.
- If you are on Windows 10, write Scheduled Tasks in Cortana search area and click on the same at the top under best match.
- A Task Scheduler window will appear on the screen.
- Follow this path –
Task Scheduler Libray\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Defender on the left side of the window
- Click on Windows Defender Scheduled Scan on the right side of the page.
- Double click on it.
- A new Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Properties window prompts on the screen.
- Click the Triggers tab.
- You have to create a new Trigger, click New link.
- A new Trigger window appears on the screen.
- Then use the drop down menu of Being the task and select On a schedule.
- Now set up the time and date you want it to run.
- You can make it run daily, weekly, monthly or even just one time also.
- Click Ok to save your settings.