Windows 8 inbuilt metro screen window is recognized as modern interface. In this, we do not find power button on start button task pane or anywhere in windows 8. In this situation we have to perform power actions (Shut down, Restart or sleep etc) through charms bar or special keyboard shortcut ( ALT+F4 ). Thus we may create custom shortcut icon of following power buttons in windows 8 screen.
How to Create power shortcut Icon in windows 8 -
Shut down shortcut -
- Right click on the desktop screen and choose New.
- Select Shortcut menu from new dropdown menu.
- In Create Shortcut window , type following command in required location tab box -
- Click Next button, Type require shortcut name like Shut down and click finish button.
Now Shut down shortcut Icon has been created on desktop screen and you may change it in new look to access comfortably.
- Go to desktop screen and find recent create Shutdown shortcut icon and choose its properties
- In Shutdown Properties dialog box, select Shortcut tab on top pane and Click Change Icon button
- Then new dialog box displays some information and click OK button.
- Here you can select Power Icon logo from icon lists and click OK button.
- Click OK and Apply button at the bottom in Shutdown Properties dialog box.
- Now your desktop screen will show Shutdown Shortcut Icon in new look up (red logo) .
If you want to create another power button shortcut (Restart, Sleep, Hibernate etc) icon on desktop screen then type following commands and follow same above procedures.
Create Restart icon-
Shutdown.exe -r -t 00
Sleep Shortcut Icon-
rundll32.exe poweprof.dll, setsuspendstate
Log off Shortcut Icon-