Technology is advancing leaps and bounds, with the advent of new innovations. If we consider the visions such as images, photographs, holographs, videos we would find considerable changes taking place this decade. Nearly two or three decades back we tried to project colors onto the screen, and the color pictures were the result. Since then we tried harder and finally, the result is 3D Images and Motion Pictures.
This is relatively new, and almost every one of us wants to visualize 3D movies, the graphics hardware, and software manufacturing company– NVIDIA Corporation has released its new 3D Vision Video Player to use on normal PCs and laptops.
What is a 3D view?
3D stands for the third dimension. This means that any 3D picture or video has not only the length and width but also the depth or it is stereoscopic in scientific terms. This makes the 3D view more vivid and clear. Moreover, 3D view is more realistic and live-connecting, simply saying the image looks exactly like the object. This technology is not just used in making movies and photography, but also in fields of education and research.
What is 3D Vision Video Player?
3D Vision Video Player is a new video player released by the visual computing company NVIDIA. This player allows us to watch 3D or stereoscopic videos and images on the home PCs and laptops.
What are the system requirements of 3D Vision Video Player?
Minimum system requirements that are required to run 3D Vision Video Player, are
- Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit or Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 CPU or higher
- 1 GB of system memory, (2GB is recommended)
- 100 MB free disk space.
What are the features of 3D Vision Video Player?
This Player is feature-packed, it has an unmatched quality with different features such as
- Even though the features are advanced and high-end, the user interface is kept simple and easy.
- Supports almost all types of video formats (.avi, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP4, 3D Blu-ray files, Windows Media Types (.wmv, .asf), QuickTime (*.mov), Matroska (*.mkv) and Flash (*.flv) .
- Supports image formats such as .gif, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .mpo, .jps etc.
- Supports separate left/right files.
- Fast and dynamic player for playing high-resolution videos.
- Support 3D DVD and 3D Blue Ray Playback.
- Supports Live Playback from capture device such as camera, camcorder, video recorder etc.
- A video library that stores different movies setting-wise.
- Supports import and export of different stereoscopic metafiles and different Codec packs.
- Compatible with Windows media center.
- Runs videos from different L/R angles and layers.
- Supports both monoscopic and stereoscopic view.
- Supports other languages apart from English.
- Runs 3D videos hassle-free and crystal clear.
How to install and use 3D Vision Video Player on your computer?
- First, close all applications running on your computer and open your browser and go to the link
- Then you will find a new web page under the name NVIDIA Download Drivers now click on the DOWNLOAD option.
- Your download starts, let the download complete and then click on the run option or double-click the file.
- This would initiate the 3D Vision Video Player installer. Then do the rest of the installation by clicking on the install, next and finish respectively.
- Restart your computer and you will find the player installed on your computer.
- Open the player and drag any file on it to play.
I personally felt that the player is giving a high-resolution and brilliant, layered video playback quality than the commonly used media players.
Download, Install, and Feel it yourselves!!!