While you are working on your desktop you think to change the size of texts. Many users might want to see the text and icon clearer than earlier due to vision concern and other could look for the big space on the screen excluding the icons. Windows 10 offers an open sky to Change Icons and Text Size on Windows 10. You can Change Icons and Text Size on Windows 10 easily. In this Windows 10 tips, we are describing the way of customization of sizes if you want bigger or smaller appearance of the items.
How to Change Icons and Text Size on Windows 10
1. To Change Icons and Text Size on Windows 10 Press on Cortana search box or icon below the Start Menu and type the text Control Panel in the search box. Then click on it to open.
2. Hit Display option under the Control Panel.
3. This opens up a Display window on your screen. You must have definitely used Windows 7 or 8.1and now in Windows 10 you will notice huge change. Under the heading Change size of items,you will see a description with three links provided.
The first link use these display settings will directly fetch you to the Settings app where you can customize the size of the text, other stuff, and applications. (Details of this tip is mentioned in tip 4 below).
The next is Magnifier which you can use if you make certain portion of screen look bigger.
Now, the third link says set a custom scaling level. Well, Windows suggests you not to use this option generally as it may end in some abnormal performance of the display. (It is described in tips 2).
1. Now, we will see the custom scaling level. So, execute a click on Set a custom scaling level.
2. You witness the new window called Custom Sizing Options. Change the size of items by selecting Percentage size (according to your need) in the drop down menu. And click on OK button.
6. Click Apply button to save the changes which you have done early. When you click on Apply you need to choose the Sign out now for quick response or Sign out later if you want the change the size after you restart PC.
You can change only the text size of a particular item if you do not want to change the size of all items on the desktop.
1. Now, in the same Display window, go to the Change only the text size section.
2. Press on Title bars drop-down menu to choose the desired particular item under “Change only the text size“. Select any one option.
3. Tap on the Size drop-down menu and select the desired sizes as you needed for that particular item.
4. Alternatively, you have a tiny checkbox to make the text bold too. Just select the Bold check box.
5. Finally, click on Apply button to Change Icons and Text Size on Windows 10.
- Click Settings icon on the Start Menu.
- Tap on System.
- Go to the right side of the Display segment and use the slider to change the size of text, apps and other items on your Windows 10.
- Head to the desktop and locate an open spot. There, make a right-click.
- Point the cursor over the View option in the pop-up context menu.
- Again in the submenu, you will notice few options and depending on your requirement, click either Large icons, Medium icons and Small icons.
Tips 6 – Change Icons and Text Size on Windows 10 from Ease of Access
Ease of access category in Settings application allows to easily Change Icons and Text Size on Windows 10.
Open Windows Settings (Win + I).
Select Ease of access.
The Next page of Settings will show you the Display section Go to the right side and locate Make text bigger. Pull the slider to the right to increase the size of the texts and left to decrease the same. Lastly, click on Apply.
The next option will help you to Make everything bigger. Click on the drop-down and select 125% instead of 100%.