Recently, Adobe released a security bulletin APSB21-09 and an update Adobe Acrobat DC update 21.001.20135. Many users are complaining to encounter an installation issue for Acrobat Reader DC new version. They notice error 1722 with a long message – “There is a problem with this Windows Installer package……”.
However, Adobe hasn’t offered any solution officially for the bug but some users identified the reason for the error code and workaround.
Fix Error 1722 Update failed Adobe Acrobat DC updater in Windows 10
Here is how to Fix Error 1722 Update failed Adobe Acrobat DC updater in Windows 10 –
1] Remove Adobe reader UWP app
A user in the Adobe forum posted that – “After an analysis of the error message, update install log and msi/mst, the following command line worked for us (workaround): msiexec / p “AcroRdrDCUpd2100120135_MUI.msp” INSTALLUWPAPP=NO / qb-!” This will not install the Universal Windows Platform app Adobe Acrobat Notification Client where the error seems to occur.
This will not install the UWP App Adobe Acrobat Notification Client where the error seems to occur.
2] Install Universal C Runtime update
According to Adobe, the error comes into view because of outdated Universal C Runtime. So install the latest version of the component to enable CRT functionality in Windows 10 correctly so that the issue couldn’t take place.
- Click – Windows 10 Universal C Runtime.
- Extract WindowsUCRT.zip, right-click on the correct file, and select – Open.
- Try to install the available version of Adobe Acrobat DC.
3] Update Windows 10
Microsoft or Adobe might have rolled out an update that could help to resolve Error 1722 therefore when you confront this issue you should check for updates.
- Press the – Winkey.
- Type – updates.
- Press – Enter.
- Reboot the system after the completion of the downloading of pending updates.
4] Rename the conflicting files
Click the link – Visual C++ Redistributable Packages and download the latest version suitable for your system.
- Run the exe file and install the package.
- Look for msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll; the files will be commonly found in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directories.
- Rename both the files, e.g. msvcp120.dl.old, msvcr120.dll.old.
- Give an attempt to install the Adobe Acrobat DC updater and check if the error is solved.