Yet another update is out for all Insiders! Windows 10 Build 21313 (RS_PRERELEASE)is rolled out to Dev Channel. The rollout is not available for ARM64 devices because of compatibility problem.
Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 brings new features for News and interests as well as replaces the classic Microsoft Edge.
Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 Rolled out
Here is the changelog –
Expanding news and interests to more languages and markets
News and interests tool has broadened the set of international languages and markets. Earlier the experience covered United States, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, and India and now it will be based on every location in the world.
News and interests will itself recognize your location and language and provide a localized experience that has content from local publishers and data providers.
The new Microsoft Edge to replace Microsoft Edge Legacy
Microsoft Edge Legacy will be substituted with the new Chromium Microsoft Edge.
Modernizing our IME candidate window design
An IME is basic for typing East Asian languages and leverages candidate window that makes users capable of inserting characters. The build brings new versions of IMEs.
- A stylish design – more aligned having Fluent Design principles, including an acrylic background, a new selection visual, and dark theme support.
- Most effective use of font size – font size in the Candidate Window UI is adjusted in order to minimize the intrusiveness while securing visibility.
- Emoji will be found on Quick access – For improvement of discoverability, Emoji Panel could be opened via a button from the candidate window UI.
- Performance improvement – They are working to ensure you have the best possible experience.
For those who were not having knowledge or experience of the previous design, it looked like this when you started typing. The UI design is available for the following languages or keyboards –
- Japanese – Microsoft IME
- Chinese (Simplified) – Microsoft Pinyin
- Chinese (Simplified) – Microsoft Wubi
- Chinese (Traditional) – Microsoft Bopomofo
- Chinese (Traditional) – Microsoft ChangJie
- Chinese (Traditional) – Microsoft Quick
- Korean – Microsoft IME
- Hindi – Hindi Phonetic
- Bangla – Bangla Phonetic
- Marathi – Marathi Phonetic
- Telugu – Telugu Phonetic
- Tamil – Tamil Phonetic
- Kannada – Kannada Phonetic
- Malayalam – Malayalam Phonetic
- Gujarati – Gujarati Phonetic
- Odia – Odia Phonetic
- Punjabi – Punjabi Phonetic
This feature is presently rolling out to a small number of Insiders in the Dev Channel so that the redmondians could quickly identify issues that may impact performance and reliability.
Changes and Improvements
- Update Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 build has replaced the Hidden with Turn off on the taskbar context menu.
- The rollout has slightly adjusted the new app launch animation for improvement in speed and make it smoother.
- Improvement to the candidate bar on the touch keyboard (Build 21301) showing the utmost 5 candidates and centering them above keyboard has started rolling out.
- The new voice typing experience (build 20206) has started rolling out to all Insiders in the Dev Channel. Press the Windows key and H to try it out.
- Modification to enable pinning items in the updated clipboard history design is rolling out to all Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- The build is withdrawing the capability to copy and paste a screen snip straight into a folder in File Explorer for now.
Fixes for News and interests
- The experts fixed taskbar button that would highlight on hover and click and was larger than the content being shown on the taskbar.
- They fixed the text on the taskbar button that could appear pixelated on high resolution screens.
- Furthermore, they fixed flyout showing content in a single column before instantly switching to a double column.
- Also, the experts fixed the flyout that might not dismiss until the taskbar button was clicked or the hover effect might have appeared stuck.
- They fixed various issues impacting performance and reliability.
- Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 fixed the taskbar that might display stale weather information immediately after signing into your Windows session.
- The rollout fixed flyout displaying an error or offline message when internet is connected.
- When trying to share content, it would dismiss the flyout. The issue is fixed now.
- Button alignment and size problem would occur when resizing the taskbar. This is resolved.
- Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 fixed the flyout that won’t close on pressing the Esc button.
- The rollout fixed auto-hide configured taskbar that won’t be shown until the flyout had opened.
Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 Fixes
- Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 fixed IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check that occurs when attempting to upgrade to a newer build.
- The rollout fixed very low frame rates in Miracast.
- Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 solved an issue where r PC doesn’t restart after clicking restart in the notification prompt after enabling or disabling core isolation.
- The build fixed notifications not appearing sometimes due to race conditions.
- Also, the update fixed ALT + Tab reliability problem occurring in the previous flight.
- Experts have fixed acrylic disappearing on secondary monitors when the User Interface with the acrylic was spanned across multi monitors.
- They fixed the taskbar disappearing after minimizing certain apps.
- Furthermore, they fixed unexpected black area appearing at the bottom of Outlook sometimes.
- They fixed remote guard option for Remote Desktop Connection that wasn’t working.
- Also, they fixed changing the Virtual Private Network profile authentication method to the certificate in the VPN settings won’t work.
- The professionals fixed a handle leak in MsSense.exe ending up with unexpected system resource usage over time.
- They fixed scheduling a restart (for Windows Update) that might show – That time is in the past” even though it wasn’t.
- Also, they solved couple of files might be remaining after deleting the Windows.old folder.
- Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 fixed mouse was not working problem on the dual boot menu.
- The rollout fixed Settings app reliability problem because of which the app hang when opening Narrator Settings.
- The update fixed Set Defaults by File Type, Set Defaults by App, and Set Defaults by Protocol not displaying search box.
- Dev channel update fixed some apps failing to launch problem that occurs after using the option in Settings to reset them.
- Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 RS_PRERELEASE fixed Meet Now wasn’t returning the settings for turning system icons on and off.
- Also, the build fixed some unexpected flickering after opening the Xbox Game Bar while playing certain games.
- Experts fixed ctfmon.exe that was unexpectedly crashing while typing in certain applications.
- Also, they solved text flickering in some apps while typing text with the handwriting panel.
- Professionals there in Redmonds solved IME toolbar, voice typing, IME candidate window, clipboard history, emoji panel, and touch keyboard might not launch well on East Asian language systems.
- They solved pressing Caps Lock (Is) key in Japanese IME wouldn’t switch modes your previously used Alphanumeric conversion. Therefore, it won’t go to your preferred Full-Width Alphanumeric input mode.
- Also, they fixed Japanese IME that wasn’t working when using ALT+Shift to switch the active input method.
- Furthermore, they fixed Bopomofo IME, the candidate window that won’t be displayed when started typing right after switching between Chinese and English modes.
- They solved the touch keyboard that was crashing and hanging when typing Japanese IME.
- The rollout fixed the screen unexpectedly going black problem that occurs while typing with the touch keyboard.
- Build fixed the Narrator that was speaking each key in the touch keyboard twice.
- Experts fixed selecting GIFs via the touch keyboard could end up with unexpected flashing.
- They solved using the touch keyboard gesture to move the text cursor in a table in OneNote that might exit out of this mode.
- Windows 10 Build 21313.1000 RS_PRERELEASE fixed microphone button on the touch keyboard that wouldn’t work when using the traditional keyboard layout.
- The rollout fixed consent dialog to enable voice typing that appears from the touch keyboard could display behind the touch keyboard.
- Release fixed WIN+H could end up with an infinite loading state or voice typing instantly un-pausing.
- They fixed voice typing that suddenly finished even though you were still speaking.
- Furthermore, they fixed the new emoji panel that didn’t work with the Xbox game bar.
- The experts fixed keyboard focus that wouldn’t be on the first emoji in the list.
- They fixed pressing Esc button to dismiss the emoji panel that it would get passed through to the app you were using and close other User Interfaces.
- Also, they solved clipboard history and emoji panel launch reliability problems.
- Finally, they fixed the couple with heart emojis that had flesh-colored hearts instead of red.
- Developers in Microsoft are looking into Azure Active Directory joined device through RDP will fail to connect after updating to Build 21313 on accessing. Add the following registry key to fix –
Value – Enabled=dword:00000001
- The Setting Reset my PC, after selecting the Keep my files option fails and then returns to its previous state. However, the Remove everything option will work as expected.
- They are examining the reports of the hanging update process for longer when trying to install an update.
- They are studying reliability problems with Start and other modern apps in recent Dev Channel flights. You may encounter the Start menu layout resetting if it impacted you.
- You may notice a grey window when hovering over the thumbnail in the taskbar because Live previews for pinned sites aren’t enabled for all Insiders yet.
- They are enabling the new taskbar experience for pinned sites. However, you can unpin by removing it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pinning the site.
- Occasionally, the news and interests flyout cannot be closed with pen.
- News and interests tool occupies more space on the left of the taskbar than expected.
- You may see Domain networks having incorrect domain firewall profile which may restrict some local network services. You may configure the network as private to allow local network traffic. This will be fixed in a future rollout.
- They are researching the reports saying Chinese text for the lunar calendar in the clock and calendar flyout is no longer showing properly as of the previous flight.
- You may encounter unpin apps from the Start menu not working after receiving this build. They are working on a fix.