Have you ever come across any error text on display relating to HYPERVISOR_ERROR? This is a Blue Screen of Death error in the system having a bug check value of 0x00020001. The case study says that the possible reasons behind this issue are malware taking over system elements, missing DLL files and Windows components, corruption on the registry, using a third-party anti-virus program, running two or more similar applications, and more.
Apart from these, hardware issues can also be equally responsible for this error to occur. Some might also get this error after installing a new additional HDD or having bad sectors in the drive. But the most annoying issue is restarting of Windows automatically quite often. HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10 has long term effect in the computers if not eliminated in the first place. You might face frequent hanging of the desktop, continuous error messages manipulating ongoing tasks. Necessary steps are mandatory to recover the device from its dangerous grasp. So, today, we will discuss all these processes elaborately here and try to resolve this HYPERVISOR ERROR. Let not waste any more time, better be started!
HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10 Solutions
Here is how to fix HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10 –
Prevent Windows From Restarting Automatically
First thing first, as the computer might repeatedly restart automatically, we can heal that at the beginning. This will not actually bypass the error but you will get an efficient arena of deploying resolutions. Here is the method –
- Press Win+D and head to Desktop area straightway.
- Do a right click on This PC and select Properties.
- When in a separate window, choose Advanced system settings.
- From System properties wizard next, move into Advanced tab.
- Reach down to the Startup and Recovery area.
- Select Settings option from this place.
- In the following popup, reach out to the System failure section.
- Uncheck Automatically restart option.
- Hit the OK button to proceed on.
Now, Windows will not restart automatically and you can make the proper environment for applying other processes. Head to the next resolutions.
Use the Safe Boot Mood as Rescuer of HYPERVISOR_ERROR
Starting from very old times to now, whenever any critical issue like HYPERVISOR ERROR raises up for windows system, booting in Safe Mode came out as the savior. In fact, like all of you, the next resolution we are taking up is to perform it. Let’s see the method in below section –
- Hover the mouse pointer and reach to the left bottom of the taskbar.
- Perform a click on the Start menu icon.
- Hit a click on Power icon from there and select Restart option holding Shift key at the same time.
- Once Windows completes the first cycle of restarting, there will be a blue screen holding a few options. Choose Troubleshoot from there.
- Moving ahead to the next page, select “Advanced options” followed by a hit on “Startup Settings“.
- Now, you need to make a click on the Power cog icon. Located at the right bottom corner followed by choosing Restart.
- Windows after restarting for the second time will offer you a menu at the startup including options to “Boot in Safe Mode“.
- Press the “F4” button from keyboard continuously and enter into the Safe Mode.
Protect from Virus using Windows Security
Missing system elements stays at the front row for causing HYPERVISOR_ERROR in Windows 10. The question is, how these go missing? Well, there might be malware or virus attacks and once they get into the system, erase necessary data. We all are well familiar with the fact that it’s very rare to stay away from them. What we can easily do is to perform a regular check and dismiss these. The steps are as follows –
Step-1: Press Win+S hotkeys together and invoke Taskbar search on display.
For reference, read How to Remove Windows Security System Tray Icon in Windows 10.
Step-2: In the empty text space, type Security and when Windows Security arrives in the result, choose to launch.
Step-3: In the App UI, select Virus and threat protection from the left-hand side and switch to the adjacent wing.
Step-4: On the right, perform a click on the link Scan options and discover all the processes.
Step-5: Mark the radio button conjoint with Full scan and from down, hit Scan now option.
Step-6: The process will start immediately and once it gets over, you can see the result in front. Now, hit on Clean threats option in order to dismiss those sharply.
Step-7: On the following window, you will be delivered three more options. Choose Remove and finally hit Start actions button from down.
Step-8: Restart Windows 10 PC as you normally do.
Once, all the malware will get disappeared, this HYPERVISOR_ERROR in Windows 10 will not appear anytime again.
Download and Install all available patches
Microsoft releases regular patches and these files contain fixes for bugs and problems as well as amazing features. This is quite important to keep the Windows updated even have no issue. Since outdated patches often call in HYPERVISOR ERROR issue, we can consider it as a resolution and proceed with following.
- Do a press on the Start button from keyboard and let the menu to spread up.
- Perform a click on the Settings sign and call in the Windows Settings app.
- Being in the app area, proceed to Update & Security and click on it.
- Once the next page is visible on display, do select Windows Update and move on the corresponding side.
- On this spot, hit a click on Check for updates link even there is a visible dialog “You’re up to date”.
- Upon all the patches being shown on screen, choose the Download button and get the files in the system.
- Installation begins automatically when downloading gets finished. You might have to keep the device manned always to attend timely restarting.
When the Windows is finally updated, HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD error will dismiss away.
Make the Outdated Drivers Updated with Device Manager
We have seen many cases based on BSOD errors and came to the conclusion that outdated device drivers do the maximum damage. Hence, we need to step up immediately to update them. The Built-in Device manager will do the task for you. We need to just move ahead with below proceedings.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the “Win+R” keys combined.
- In the space provided here, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter key from the keyboard.
- Device Manager will show up after a while and you need to look for an exclamation mark in the full console.
- If there is any present, expand the device by clicking on it and again see deeply for any yellow indication mark in the drivers.
- Do a right click on each once discovered and select Update driver option.
- Follow the directions coming on the display to complete the task properly.
After all the drivers being updated, there should not be HYPERVISOR ERROR in the system.
Windows Blue Screen Troubleshooter to solve HYPERVISOR_ERROR
Microsoft being so dedicated to the users considered customer satisfaction most. As HYPERVISOR ERROR keeps on haunting badly, they came up with a new utility called Windows Blue Screen Troubleshooter. If you have the updated version of Windows 10 same as Fall Creators Update, can enjoy this awesome privilege. Move ahead with the following procedure –
- Do a joint press of Win+I hotkeys and let Windows launch Settings app.
- Slide over the app area and perform a click on Update & security once reached.
- Moving ahead to the following window, do select Troubleshoot and jump ahead to adjacent overlay.
- Locate the Blue Screen option and do a click on it.
- Choose Run the Troubleshooter option to start the curing.
This is an automatic process. Once detection finished, fixing will start by its own. After the process end, you might not face any errors in the system and use the device with the utmost ease.
Throw away all the problematic Windows update files
Updating process in Windows operating system is autonomous and it generally doesn’t end up into any manipulation. But sometimes, people experience abnormal termination of this process and hence HYPERVISOR ERROR takes place in the system. The best remedy in this respect is to delete them all from the computer. Here are the steps to be followed –
Step-1: Move the pointer to the extreme left bottom end of the screen and do a click on the Start menu.
Step-2: Once it opens up, hit a click on Settings cog. And let the app open in the display.
Step-3: When in the accessible area, head to Update & Security tile and do a click on it.
Step-4: On the next page, choose Windows Update from the left pane and switch to the right.
Step-5: After shifting, perform a click on the link saying View update history and unveil the past update files.
Step-6: When the following page unrolls, select “Uninstall updates” and wait until Program and features window fleshes from Control Panel.
Step-7: Next in the process, do a right click on the last patch you have downloaded and choose Uninstall.
Step-8: Wait until the uninstalling process gets over and finally, reboot the device normally.
Step-9: When coming back to operation, hopefully, there will be no HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10.
Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool and fix RAM issues
The wrong allotment of Memory, corruption in the Random Access Memory (RAM) has active participation in causing the HYPERVISOR_ERROR in Windows 10. Therefore, the default Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool will be super handy in fixing those bad areas. See the method below –
- Get access to the Settings app using any of the above-mentioned ways.
- After the app interface comes in the screen, type memory in the search box provided here.
- Once the result shows up, select Diagnose your computer’s memory problems from the list.
See more ways to Open Memory Diagnostic Tool in Windows 10.
- When Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool pops-up, choose the option namely “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)“.
- Windows will now reboot automatically and when it turns back again to operation, you will observe a blue screen taking over the process and detecting Memory issues in the system.
- The progress will be indicated in percentage and when it becomes 100%, the system will restart again for the second time.
- Upon startup, the result of the diagnosis will be available in the system tray- notification area.
Use the Disk Cleanup Utility to wipe junks and recover space
For the sake of completing tasks we perform, the computer needs to create junk files every time. These are temporary files and have no use after completing the tasks. However, as they get stored in the Disk Drive, occupies space and slowly gets bigger in volume. Eventually, the system runs out of enough space in it and makes the operation slower. In the process, HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD rises. So, we need to clean them using Disk Cleanup Utility. Guidelines are as follows –
- Do a combined press of Windows key and S from keyboard to invoke Taskbar search.
- In the box provided for typing here, write cleanmgr and also when Disk Cleanup utility hits on the result, select it.
- Moving ahead, the utility will throw a small popup dialog asking the drive name where Cleanup will be carried out.
- Select C: by clicking on the dropdown menu and hit Ok button.
- The tool will first go for calculating the amount of space in Drive C: it can recover and then shows a popup wizard.
- Moving ahead to the wizard, come down to the bottom left end of it and select Clean up system files.
- One more time the small popup will float up asking for the preferable drive. Choose C: again and hit Enter key.
- After calculating retrievable space in it, again the Disk Cleanup for (C:) will appear.
- On the window, check all the items under Files to delete and don’t touch Downloads only.
- Make a check in the Recycle Bin and also move any important files to its designated location.
- Now, coming back to wizard again, do select Ok button to initiate cleanup.
- This is a little bit slower process and might take a good amount of time to accomplish. Wait until it finishes normally and does not terminate in the middle.
- Once finished, Restart the device and once come back to display, see if HYPERVISOR_ERROR is there.
Remove Programs colliding with one another
If the computer has two or more programs for serving similar purposes, they might be stuck in the collision between them and eventually deletes the necessary elements for OS. However, as of being the same purpose, the wise decision is to remove them as they call BSOD errors frequently. You can install again once the HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10 goes away.
- Perform a right click on the Start menu and later on, select Run from the menu.
- On the Run dialog, type appwiz.cpl in the void text field.
- Select OK button under the box and let Program and features window to hit upon the screen from Control Panel.
- Moving ahead to the new window, look closely for the programs causing HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10 in the list visible here.
- Once found, do a right click on each and at the same time hit Uninstall button appearing.
- Follow the onscreen guidelines available afterward to complete Uninstallation.
- Upon finishing the process, Reboot the computer and when it returns to action, see if there is any trace of error in the system.
- If nothing present, download and install the programs you have deleted before and use them normally.
Detect and fix the Bad sectors in the Hard Disk Drive
Due to prolonged use, HDD runs in manipulation and have poor sectors developed in it. These areas cause permanent damage in the long run and obviously plays a big role in making HYPERVISOR_ERROR in Windows 10. There is a Built-in Tool introduced by Microsoft to deal with it and that is the Disk Checking Utility. In the Elevated Command Prompt, CHKDSK will perform this task.
- Get access to Cortana, type cmd. On the results, execute a right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator”.
- User Account Control (or UAC) will ask for permission immediately and you have to select Yes to proceed.
- Type the command in below arrangement in the Command Prompt –
chkdsk [Drive:] [parameters]
- When you hit Enter, you can see the Disk status only. Since we are up to a target of fixing the bad areas, the command needs some notations like-
/f /r /x
- Here, “f “will fix the brought up issues in the disk. “r” will detect the issues present and the last one “x” will split up the whole Disk volume before the utility take action.
- After inserting all the characters in the Command, it will look finally like-
chkdsk C: /f /r /x
Important- C: is present here as we have OS installed in this drive. If you have done it in another one, use that drive letter.
- When you press Enter key, the process will initiate and it will take almost 10 minutes to accomplish fully.
- Wait patiently and when ends, do a normal Restart to Windows so that all changes are effective.
- When the PC powers up next, check if there are any issues like HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10.
Measure for External Hardware Device to resolve HYPERVISOR_ERROR
Hardware issues causing BSOD error such as HYPERVISOR_ERROR are little dangerous and often leave no room for you. A group of people comes across the issue after connecting the external HDD with the device. We all know, how much important it is for these days and cannot really ignore. Therefore the best way is to disconnect the drive or Hardware material and then re-plug again once HYPERVISOR ERROR eliminates.
- Unplug all the devices from ports and keep beside you in order.
- Perform a Fresh Restarting to the System.
- Once it comes back to the desktop, check if there are any issues.
- If resolved successfully, visit Manufacturer page for each Hardware items, then download and install the latest device driver for each one of them.
Stop Using Third-Party Anti-virus Programs
Malware is ruling out everywhere on the internet and we can be prey to them anytime. As a preventive measure, we often use a Third party tool and thus end up calling HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10. Microsoft has the best utility is this aspect as Windows Security. So, you can uninstall others using below steps –
Step-1: Open the Settings app by pressing Windows key and I.
Step-2: In the layout, run to Apps tile and also select to bring up more settings.
Step-3: Moving ahead, select Apps & features from the left pane and jump to adjacent overlay.
Step-4: Reach out to the program in the list of Installed apps and select it.
Step-5: Hit Uninstall option.
Step-6: UAC will prompt for permission immediately and you need to select Yes to move ahead.
Step-7: Again click the Uninstall button from the program to finish the uninstallation procedure.
Perform System Restore to Undo Current Changes
We try new things on the machine every day such as installing a program or removing something. Often we do it without concerning the changes and thus HYPERVISOR_ERROR show up. To resolve it, System Restore can be an eligible savior.
Note- This process needs a Pre-created Restore Point. If you don’t have, skip this method and move ahead to the next resolution.
- Open Run dialog on display and type “rstrui” in the box for searching.
- Hit Enter and let the System Restore wizard to show up on the screen.
- Hit Next option from wizard to move ahead.
- On the following page, do select Show more restore points to reveal all points.
- Perform a click on the latest one and select the Next button.
- Once the next screen hits display, come down to the bottom and select Finish.
- The process will start and revert changes to the previous state.
This will hopefully cure HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10.
Activate DISM Tool to fix up Windows Image Files
Windows Image files may sometime run into corruption and end up causing HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10. The best way to resolve this is to run the “Deployment Image Servicing and Management” (DISM) utility.
- Move the mouse pointer to Taskbar area and perform a right click on it.
- Select Task Manager from the list and allow it to open.
- Moving ahead, select File from top left end and choose “Run new task” option.
- Once Run dialog appears, type “cmd” in the search field and also check the dialog saying “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
- Press Enter key and let the Elevated Command Prompt window to take place.
- Now, at the base of blinking cursor, type the following command line tool. Hit Enter key to start actions. This process will take a little longer. So wait patiently to end up.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Once the process finishes, Restart the computer and afterward, see if there are any issues. Hopefully, you will not come across anything.
These are all the workarounds necessary to resolve HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10. However, as you have come to this area, you have successfully done that we guess. Unfortunately, if that’s not true, there is a last resort for all issues and errors. The solution is to do a complete installation of the Operating System. If you want to proceed for that, make sure you are confident enough or seeking help from professional. This will save from lots of problems happening afterward. Obviously, save backup for important files, images, and data in a safe place outside of the computer to avoid loss. Hope, you can recover the device from the grasp of HYPERVISOR_ERROR BSOD in Windows 10 finally.