There are tons of executable files available in Windows 10 to run different processes. srtasks.exe is among them that executes System Protection Background Tasks. Windows frequently employs this .exe as Task Scheduler to create a system restore point automatically.
Well, if you have been experiencing any srtasks.exe errors in Windows 10, then you aren’t at luck. According to research, we came to know that srtasks.exe is an integral part of Microsoft Windows 10. The path of the file is C:\Windows\System32\SrTasks.exe. Many users have been facing some errors as well, and this blog covers the solutions with elaboration.
srtasks.exe Errors on Windows 10
First of all, following are the srtasks.exe errors you may encounter –
- SrTasks.exe is not running.
- Cannot find SrTasks.exe
- Faulting Application Path: SrTasks.exe
- SrTasks.exe is not a valid Win32 application
- SrTasks.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Here is how to fix srtasks.exe errors on Windows 10 –
1] Update Windows 10
Microsoft keeps exe files including all elements intact using Windows update. So when any srtasks.exe error occurs when the first method that you must follow is to update the system. There are always chances that Microsoft has released some important patches to fix the error.
- Click on Start button.
- Type Update and press Enter.
- Click on “Check for Updates.”
- After the updates are completely downloaded select Install.
Once the updates have been applied, check and see if srtasks.exe errors are still showing.
2] Use System File Checker (SFC) to fix srtasks.exe Errors
When srtasks.exe is corrupted then this method will resolve the error. SFC tool replaces the damaged executable file with the original one taking from the cache folder. Just follow the instructions below –
- Open Windows search and type cmd.exe.
- Select Run as administrator from the result section.
- Once the Command prompt spreads up on the desktop, Type
sfc /scannowand press Enter.
- The repair process will take some minutes. Wait a little and reboot your system in the last.
3] Run Full Scan using Windows security
Invaders exploit executable files to inject arbitrary codes to infect the OS. srtasks.exe is not different and it may be used to threat and attack your PC resulting in certain errors. Windows Security is the most appropriate and built-in Antivirus tool to scan and eliminate infection.
Follow the instruction and run Virus & threat protection to fix srtasks.exe error –
- Press Windows logo key and I then select Update & Security from the homepage of the application.
- Click on Windows Security from the left pane of next appearing Settings page.
- Navigate to the right and click on Virus & threat protection.
- Windows Security appears; select Scan options link.
- Check the radio box against Full scan.
- Finally, click on Scan now.