The update of authorized Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware titled N8020 XDBMA2 is present for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 model. It is a revealed firmware that may contain numerous bugs and problems.
Android 4.1.2 XDBMA2 Firmware information
PDA – N8020XDBMA2
CSC – N8020OROBMA1
Version – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Release Date – February, 2013
This firmware updates tips will be valid only for Galaxy Note 10.1, N8020 tablet. Please do not attempt this update tips on any other Samsung Galaxy model. Besides this howto-connect is not answerable for any type of complaint like dead or damage due to this update tips in this page. So, start the firmware update method at your individual threat.
Do following things before the update process
- Turn on USB debugging mode on your Galaxy tablet inside settings interface.
- Download and Install Galaxy USB driver on your computer.
- The battery of your N8020 tablet should have completely charged.
- Keep in mind that all data will be lost during firmware update process. So backup every necessary data of your Galaxy tablet such as – SMS, contacts, photos, MP3, videos, apps, settings to SD card. In addition, backup can be done with either Samsung KIES or using backup apps (TWRP, CWM).
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware N8020 XDBMA2:
Download both required file in zip and extract it to your computer.
Android 4.1.2 N8020XDBMA2 for Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8020
Switch off your Galaxy Note tablet. Now, boot it into download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button jointly until you get Samsung Galaxy logo on the tablet screen. After 8-10 seconds, it will boot in download mode.
Now go to extracted folder of ODIN tool and press right-click on ODIN setup (Odin3 v3.07.exe) file. Then select Run as administrator menu from the right panel.
Plug USB cable on your computer and Galaxy Note GT-N8020 tablet. In ODIN interface, you will get a message namely Added along with COM port number in yellow background in almost 2-3 minutes.
Select the following flash files from extracted N8020 XDBMA2 folder and click on relevant options in ODIN interface.
- Click on the PDA option and search for the .tar file with *code* showing the same name.
- Click on the Phone option and opt for the file with *modem* in its name (pay no heed to it if the target file is absent).
- Click on the CSC option and choose the file with *csc* in its name (ignore it if the target file is missing).
- Click on the PIT option and pick the .pit file. (pay no attention to it if the target file is not there).
Then in ODIN interface, check the both option which are Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. Also confirm that Re-Partition checkbox is opted if you have already selected .pit flash file.
Now click on START button to begin the flashing process on your Galaxy Note tablet. Once flashing process is finished in approximately 15-20 minutes, your Note tablet will reboot.
To know successful update process, you will get PASS message including green background at the top- left corner of the ODIN interface.
As result, your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8020 tablet will run with new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean supported XDBMA2 firmware. To check out the firmware update, go to Settings and tap on About Tablet.