The XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 ICS update firmware has been released for Galaxy S DUOS S7562 model. In Vietnam, it is available to download as OTA message through Samsung KIES. Besides, in the rest of countries, Duos S7562 users can download XXAMB1 firmware via ODIN method to their devices. Please note, XXAMB1 is ODIN flushable and unbranded firmware which refers a user can install it only on Galaxy DUOS S7562 Smartphone.
XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware Details
PDA – S7562XXAMB1
CSC – S7562OLBAMA3
Version – Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Released Date – February 2013
- Download and install Galaxy S Duos USB driver to your computer.
- Turn on USB debugging mode on Duos S7562 Smartphone. It helps you to transfer files between the computer and the device quickly.
- Confirm that your Galaxy S Duos S7562 device’ battery is completely charged before starting firmware update process.
- Make sure that you have the backup all significant data like SMS, contacts, settings, media files via Samsung KIES or manually to a memory card.
How to install XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware on Galaxy S Duos S7562
Download XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware to your computer and extract it.
Download ODIN v3.07 in the zip file and extract it.
Power off your Galaxy S Duos S7562 device and boot it into download mode by pushing as well as holding the Volume Down and Home buttons at once for few seconds. Then push the Power button and wait till you get Android robot logo on the device screen along with triangle sign. Next, push the Power button again to boot into download mode.
Now launch ODIN tool with administrator privilege to the computer. To do so, press right-click on odin.exe setup file and choose Run as administrator menu from right context panel. Next, connect your Galaxy S Duos S7562 device to your computer through USB cable.
As soon as, your Galaxy S Duos S7562 device is successfully connected to your computer in few minutes. A message “Added” will prompt inside Odin’s message box at the bottom left side. Then it will also display connected COM port number in the yellow background.
Select the following flash files from extracted firmware folders (see step 1) in ODIN window.
- Click on the PDA option and choose the .tar file at this time with *code* showing same name.
- Click on the Phone option and choose the same file with *modem* included extension. (Ignore if it missing).
- Click on the CSC option and choose a file with *csc* in its name. (Ignore if it missing).
- Click on the PIT option and choose the .pit file.
Now test the both options Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in ODIN window. If .PIT file is selected by you in previously above steps then verify Re-Partition option also.
Then click on Start button in ODIN window to begin the firmware installation process. The firmware update process will finish in about 20-25 minutes.
When the firmware installation is finished, your Galaxy S Duos S7562 will reboot automatically. Thus, you have done the firmware installation process to XXAMB1 Android 4.0.4 ICS.