In this article, you will learn how to set the number of items to show in Jump Lists on Windows 10. Windows 10 allows you to see the recent items in Jump Lists. Now, the question is how many recent items you prefer Jump Lists to exhibit for you. Well, the answer also lies with you. Windows 10 allows you to display the recent items starting from number 0 to 60. You can choose any number as per your preference and then you will be able to see that number of recent items on your Jump Lists. To quickly open any program, you can also use Quick Access on Windows 10.
You may find useful:
When you manage two or three things at a time on your computer, you always look for something that quickly opens up your regularly used files, folders or web pages. And you very well know how fair Jump Lists do this task of yours. It shows you the list of lately and repeatedly opened, mostly visited, tasks or pinned items of any pinned program or currently active program on the Taskbar. When you make a right click on any pinned item on the Taskbar or on any running program, you can see a list of certain items. Those items are different for files, folders, and websites. The pinned and recent items are visible in case of folders. You are also provided with the facility to pin the recent items. And the Jump Lists of file show you the recently used file along with an option to pin them to the taskbar. But the websites have different sections like most visited, recently closed, and tasks.
You may like to read:
What are Recent Items?
It is the list of files, folders or web pages you have operated or opened recently. For example, the “Recent” item of the File Explorer and Word File in Jump Lists are the recently opened items. For Google Chrome, the recent items are listed as “Most visited”.
Note: Jump Lists was also there in the previous edition of Windows. But the latest build of Windows 10 does not have Jump Lists in Start Menu.
How to Set Number of Recent Items to Show in Jump Lists on Windows 10
Method 1: Taskbar and Start Menu properties
- Execute a right-click on an empty space on the Taskbar and click Properties.
- You can see a new window of the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties. Go to the Start Menu
- The middle section of the Start Menu tab has an option Number of recent items to display in Jump Lists.
- A box associated with it can also been seen. Enter your preferred number, like 10, or 12, etc. The maximum number of recent items you can set is 60.
- Click OK button to save the changes. That’s it! You are done!
Method 2: Registry Editor
- Launch the Run command window. To do so press Windows and R
- Type regedit on the command field and click Ok.
- Click Yes when prompted by UAC.
- Registry Editor window is now opened. Now navigate the following path:
- Get to the right pane of Advanced key and look for a DWORD Start_JumpListItems.
- Double-click on it to open its Edit Click radio button of Decimal and then enter a number between 0 to 60.
- Click OK button of the Edit window to save the changes.
Note: The number of Jump Lists on windows 10 is 10 by default.