Every Windows 10 version received update package on Feb 2020 Patch Tuesday. Among them, KB4524244 was for Windows 10 standalone security update. Unfortunately, the patch caused severe issues on various problems as numerous users reported.
Therefore, Microsoft has decided to reverse the patch from Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) or Microsoft Update Catalog. Furthermore, Microsoft has strictly advised all this user that this will not affect all those who have already applied the update on their system including Latest Cumulative Update (LCU), Monthly Rollup or Security Only update.
KB4524244 For Windows 10 led Issues
KB4524244 caused the following issues –
- Users have reported that the “Restart this PC” feature also known as “Push Button Reset” has failed. Once the system restarts, you may enter the recovery with “Choose an option” displaying on the top of the screen with multiple options to choose from. You can either choose one or go with restarting to desktop. It will display an error as “There was a problem resetting your PC”.
- You may also encounter some of the other general issues with the KB4524244 update during the installation process or after installation.
Manually Uninstall it if Causes Problems
Even though Windows 10 has removed the KB4524244 update for now, and you already have updated your system. You can perform the following solution below to reset your device –
- Click on Start Button to open Windows Desktop Search.
- Type in the search box “update history” and click on “View your update history”.
- Look for Uninstall Updates and click on it.
- Now. in the Installed Updates list, search for KB4524244 update and uninstall it.
- Restart your PC to save the changes.
- Make sure you use the “Restart this PC” feature to check if the issue has been fixed.
As of now, users are requested to follow the steps above and the tech giant is looking for some better alternative to this update in the future.
No further Updates
Since Microsoft has already announced that this update is being removed from all the versions of Windows 10, hence no further update will be available for it in the future.
All the users are requested to uninstall or remove the KB4524244 update from their system to fix any issue they are facing or may face in the future.
Source – Microsoft message center.