Windows 10 version 1809 is stricken with a cumulative patch KB4538461 for 17763.1098. This package as a regular monthly release includes some minor security updates including other quality improvements.
You will receive the patch for March 2020 automatically through Windows update service. This release is able to fix multiple issues on Windows 10 1809.
KB4538461 Windows 10 1809 Changelog
This release has brought updates for HoloLens which will be made available straight to the Windows Update Client.
Here are the highlight and improvements available for KB4538461 update –
Highlights of the Update
- Improvement in security for some in-build applications like the built-in web browsers Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Verification of username and password of the profiles.
- Certain updates while storing or managing files.
- To increase security while performing some fundamental operations on the system.
- All external devices such as gaming controllers, USB, printers, etc get minor security updates
- You may encounter 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND error message after receiving Asian language packs after getting KB4493509.
- This Patch Tuesday update may generate certain problems on 32-bit processes or apps while running Windows Server containers.
To solve the above issues and bugs you can try out these methods –
- Locate any latterly added language pack on your Windows 10 system. Now, simply uninstall them and reinstall everything to fix the issue. See – How to Reinstall Windows 10 Language Pack.
- Receive the most recent update on April 2019 version which you may find from “Check for Updates”.
If the method above still does not correct the issue you have been encountering because of the language pack, simply reset your PC. Here are instructions –
- Open Start and click on the gear icon or Settings App.
- Now, tap on Recovery.
- From the right pane of the subsequent page, select Get Started for Reset this PC.
- Choose Keep my Files.
The tech giant is still looking for better solutions to fix the bugs completely and will keep the users updated.
How to receive KB4538461 Update
This patch for Windows 10 1809 requires you to install the latest SSU. It has been recommended since it will bring stability to your updates and support you to apply the important security fixes.
If you are using Windows update, simply proceed through the Settings app:
- Go to Start and click on Settings
- Click on Update and Security
- Select Check for updates and you will get all the details of the recent ones available.
- Simply, click on Update to begin the installation.
Now, if you are unable to directly get access to the KB4538461 update, you can easily visit the Microsoft Update Catalog. You can type in the KB followed by the update you are looking for and install it manually.
Source – Release note.
That is all!!