Windows 10 1803 receives a cumulative update KB4540689 (OS Build 17134.1365) which does not include any features but definitely comprises some enhancements. The main focus of this release is to develop certain security updates.
Unlike other patches, this rollout is completely free from any known issues. Users can grab the patch either through Windows Update or by manually navigating to Microsoft Update Catalog.
KB4540689 Windows 10 1803 Changelog
Here are the highlights and enhancements of KB4540689 update –
- Developments in security while working on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Authentication of usernames and passwords also gets an update in this release.
- When Windows carries out basic operations, there are developments in security.
- Management and storage of files are updated in KB4540689.
- All external devices like printers, web cameras, game controllers, scanners, USB devices gets minor security updates as well.
- Security updates to various Microsoft platforms are out with this patch. Some of them are Windows Kernel, Windows Graphics, Microsoft Edge, Windows Peripherals, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Core Networking, Windows Fundamentals, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Update Stack, Windows Media, Internet Explorer, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Authentication, Windows Server, and Windows Silicon Platform.
As of now, the giant software corporation is not aware of any complications with this update.
How to Get KB4540689
Installation of latest servicing stack update (SSU) becomes a vital prerequisite condition. Meeting this specification is important before opting for latest cumulative update(LCU). This is necessary to perform because SSUs have the ability to mitigate potential problems. Furthermore, it is also helpful while applying Microsoft fixes.
With the Settings app, users can directly navigate to Windows Update and grab the update from there. To do so,
- Press “Winlogo+I” hotkey to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Update & Security.
- By default Windows Update subsection is highlighted on the left sidebar.
- Switch to the right pane and click Check for updates button. Wait for the system to scan and list down the available updates.
- Click Download to grab the updates.
- Finally, to install them Restart Windows 10 PC.
As an alternative, visit Microsoft Update Catalog and download the compatible architecture. Once the download gets over, install the file manually.
Source – Release Note