Microsoft just sent out an off-time cumulative patch, KB4541333 for Windows 10 1803. The update package essentially brings some quality improvements, better application and device compatibility to Windows updates.
Some of the key improvements and resolutions that come in this patch include the ones for Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP 0), Azure Active Directory, Windows Credential Guard, etc. As of now, there are no known issues with KB4541333 Windows 10 1803. See – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates List.
KB4541333 Windows 10 1803 17134.1399 Update Changelog
Following are the key improvements and fixes that come with this optional update –
- One of the important changes with this patch is the addressing of a problem that causes an error while you print to a document repository.
- There is an update for the stop error situation when Windows resumes from Sleep and turns on certain Bluetooth headsets.
- Further, KB4541333 for Windows 10 1803 proposes a solution to an issue that would cause a KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) stop error. It came up when the operating system resumes from Sleep and enables certain Bluetooth headsets.
- The patch also works on the root leads to a delay of maximum two minutes when a user unlocks or signs in a session on Hybrid Azure Active Directory-joined computers. Yet another concern with Azure, resulting in authentication failure in an Azure Active Directory environment without any errors, has been addressed in this patch.
- KB4541333 attempts to resolve an issue which used to prevent machines with enabled Credential Guard from joining a domain. It generally ended up in an error message – The server’s clock is not synchronized with the primary domain controller’s clock.
- The update attempts to fix the evaluation problem of the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem. This helps to make application and device compatibility certain for all updates to Windows.
- Tries to resolve Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) settings roaming problem that enables the signature files used for forwarded and new messages, furthermore replies.
Windows Defender Related fixes
- KB4541333 Windows 10 1803 patch addresses some computers automatically going into Sleep mode in some circumstances problem. The issue occurred due to Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection Auto Incident Response.
- Resolves a problem preventing some machines from successfully running Defender ATP Threat & Vulnerability Management. Additionally, with this patch, there is enhanced support for non-ASCII file paths for Microsoft Defender ATP Auto IR.
How to get KB4541333 for Windows 10 1803
You can get the patch automatically if the settings have not been tweaked. Also, you can receive the same from the Microsoft update catalog website as a standalone package. In case you would like to check for and download them manually, you can do so by going to Settings > Updates & Security > Windows updates. Here, in the Optional updates area, you can find the link for KB4541333 for Windows 10 version 1803. When you do this, the pending ones, if any, will show up. You can easily hit Download to have them installed.
Now, before you install these updates, it would be a good thing to check for and install the SSUs. It would ensure a smooth updating process. In case you have automatic update enabled, you’ll get the relevant SSU right along with the cumulative ones automatically.
Source – Release note