Windows 10 1909 and 1903 have received a non security update KB4550945. The patch increases the version to 18363.815 and 18362.815 respectively. For the patch Tuesday releases, users have been complaining about various issues such as Windows update error, Bluetooth and WiFi issues and other. So this cumulative update/non-security has been released.
As usual, you will receive KB4550945 automatically on your PC. If you have not installed till now you can select Check for updates right now.
KB4550945 Windows 10 1909 18363.815 and 1903 18362.815
Here is KB4550945 changelog –
Windows 10 1909
This is a non-security update as the security update was released a few days ago. The patch comprises only quality improvements.
- This build holds all the improvements from Windows 10 1903.
- No additional problems were documented for this release.
Windows 10 1903
- Experts address certain apps that cannot open after upgrading from an earlier version and throws Bad Image exception dialog.
- They try to solve notifications for devices that use VPN on a cellular network is automatically turned off.
- The patch works Microsoft Xbox game cannot be resumed after upgrading from a previous version of Windows.
- Furthermore, KB4550945 cumulative update addresses a box containing multiple lines of text that fails to respond in certain scenarios.
- Touch keyboard appears unexpectedly while signing in when the user is prompted for the password. This update addresses the issue.
- Tries to solve the touch keyboard that fails to open in UWP app when USB devices are connected.
- Works on File Explorer that shows incorrect folder properties when the path is longer than MAX_PATH.
- The cumulative patch addresses lock screen that doesn’t correctly appear. The issue occurs when all of the following is true –
“Computer Configuration => Windows Settings => Security Settings => Local Policies => Security Options => Interactive Logon” – Do not require Ctrl+Alt+Del Computer is disabled in Gpedit.
“Computer Configuration => Administrative Templates => System => Logon => Turn off app notifications on the lock screen” is enabled.
The regedit key
“SOFTWARE => Policies => Microsoft => Windows => System => DisableLogonBackgroundImage” is set to 1.
- This cumulative patch addresses changing the default application settings that produce unexpected notifications.
- The Windows 10 developers address the blurry sign in screen.
- Works on Windows Update stop responding with certain error codes when you check for updates.
- The developers from the tech giant try to solve Sign in options page cannot open from the ms-settings:signinoptions-launchfingerprintenrollment Uniform Resource Identifier (URI).
- KB4550945 carries improvements for Bluetooth group policy settings on Surface Pro X devices.
- Works on KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) bugcheck error that occurs when Windows resume from Sleep including turns on certain Bluetooth headset.
- The non security update tries to solve a reliability problem in WDF01000.sys.
- Tries to solve logman.exe problem. The error note that becomes visible is – A user account is required in order to commit the current Data collector Set properties.
- The update tries to solve REG_EXPAND_SZ keys that can not be set in some automated scenarios.
- Works on memory leak problem in the LsaIso.exe process when the server is under a massive authentication load and Credential Guard is enabled.
- The current patch works on Trusted Platform Module (TPM) initialization to fail with system event error 14 and prevents Windows from accessing the TPM.
- Non security package addresses communication with the TPM that is time out and fails.
- Hash signing using the Microsoft Platform Crypto Provider for TPMs doesn’t work perfectly. This mess up might also affect networking software, for example, VPN applications. KB4550945 addresses this issue.
- The cumulative patch tries to fix Applications running in an Azure Active Directory environment that don’t receive account change notifications. This befalls when using the Web Account Manager (WAM) and the WebAccountMonitor API.
- The developers, in this patch, try to settle systems to stop working with a 0x3B stop code issue when running a binary that is signed by a revoked certificate.
- A duplicate rule ID error appears often when you merge Windows Defender Application Control policies. This also leads the Merge-CIPolicy PowerShell command to break. The patch also addresses this issue.
- User PIN failed to change after attaching the device to Microsoft Workplace Join. This issue is addressed.
- KB4550945 addresses print content that fails for the outside of the margins of a document.
- Attempts to solve Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) management tools for IIS Manager, that cannot manage an ASP.NET application that has configured SameSite cookie settings in web.config.
- The Experts of Windows 10 from Microsoft try to fix Microsoft Edge browser that stops working if you attempt to use paste functionality on pages when cut-and-paste functionality has been disabled using a policy setting and Windows Defender Application Guard is active.
- Works on Clipboard service that unexpectedly stops working.
- Addresses black screen on Virtual Desktop while sign in.
How to Get KB4550945 Windows 10, 1909 18363.815 and 1903 18362.815
- Open Windows Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click on Check for updates from the right pane of the next page.
- Go to Microsoft update catalog.
- Download the correct patch and install it manually by double-clicking.
Source – Release note.