Microsoft today rolled out a collection of patches for different versions of Windows 10 including .Net framework, SSU and other. In this course, KB4556812 and KB4556804 are released for Windows 10 1709 and 1703. The updates increase the versions to 16299.1868 and 15063.2375 respectively.
The patches or security updates are available through automatic Windows update deliverance. You can download and install either of the packages through the ways in the bottom section.
KB4556812 and KB4556804 for Windows 10 1709 and 1703 Changelog
Here is KB4556812 and KB4556804 changelog –
- The build boost security when using the web browsers Microsoft Edge and IE/Internet Explorer.
- KB4556812 and KB4556804 enhance security for the devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Brings updates to make security better when using Xbox.
- Both the patches raise security when Windows performs necessary operations.
- These carry updates for managing and storing files.
- KB4556812 improve security when using external devices (for example, game controllers, printers, and web cameras).
KB4556812 and KB4556804 Improvements and fixes
This security update Key changes –
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from installing if they are published using a Group Policy Object.
- The patch modified Morocco start date of 2020 for DST/daylight saving time.
- Experts work on memory leak in the exe process when the server is undergoing a heavy authentication load and Credential Guard is enabled.
- They try to fix lsass.exe stops working and throws an access violation error code 0xC0000005.
- Works on Microsoft IIS management tools, for example, IIS Manager, is unable to manage an ASP.NET application that has set up SameSitecookie settings in config.
- Attempts to solve call to NCryptGetProperty()from cannot return the correct pbOutput value. The problem takes place when pszProperty is configured to Algorithm Group and you are using a TPM 1.2 device.
- KB4556804 tries to solve 3rd-party application that loads hidden tabs into Internet Options.
- This patch works on Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) settings through roaming. The attempt is to enable the signature files that are used for replies, forwarded and new, messages.
- Brings conventional security updates for the different components of Microsoft.
How to get this update
First of all, make sure to install latest SSU for this version. Now follow the below instructions to get KB4556812 in Windows 10 1709 or KB4556804 in Windows 10 1703 –
- Get access to Settings app using Windows logo and I keys shortcut combination.
- Go further by clicking on Update & Security.
- Windows update settings page will appear as default.
- Jump to the right pane and click Check for updates.
Visit Microsoft update catalog website and search for the update KB4556812 or KB4556804. Download the respective file. Double click on .msu file and install the patch.