Windows 10 2004 gets security update on the June 2020 Patch Tuesday today. The package includes some important fixes and improvements for the known issues in the May 2020 update version. The KB4557957 update increases build to Windows 10 2004 19041.329 version.
The patch Tuesday for May 2020 update version will be installed automatically. However, you can manually check for the update using the method in the following part of this post.
KB4557957 Windows 10 2004 Update
Here is KB4557957 Windows 10 2004 changelog –
- Updates a problem that stops you from using some voice commands in Windows Mixed Reality when the default Windows language is either Australian English or Canadian.
- Enhances the reliability of the keywords used for voice assistants, including Cortana.
- Updates to improve security when using (IE) Internet Explorer and web browser Microsoft Edge.
- Improves security when Windows executes basic operations.
- Enhances security for Microsoft Office products.
- Boosts security for input and external devices, for example, mouse, keyboard, or stylus game controllers, printers, and web cameras.
- Makes security better in Microsoft Xbox and the Microsoft Store.
- Package for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Updates for managing and storing files.
KB4557957 Improvements and fixes
- Microsoft experts work on a problem that prevents users from updating .msi files from a network folder.
- Tries to fix certain voice commands in the Windows Mixed Reality issue specifically when preferred Windows display language is English (Australia) and English (Canada).
- Boost the reliability of voice assistants that use Windows voice activation (Settings => Privacy => Voice Activation) for keywords.
- Makes the the reliability of Cortana’s voice activation better when using the Cortana keyword on devices that support low-power keywords.
- Security updates to all the Microsoft components.
How to download KB4557957 and install
You must receive the most recent SSU for May 2020 update version before the installation of this patch. Then follow the steps get KB manually –
- Open Windows Settings (Win logo key and I).
- Choose Update & Security from the app.
- Next page will show Windows update as default section, select Check for updates.
To download KB4557957 and install using MSI installer go to Microsoft update catalog the find the patch supporting your system.
- Double click on the setup and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the security update installation.
Source – Release note.