Another patch Tuesday arrives and in this pandemic situation, Microsoft rolls out several security updates. The giant software releases cumulative updates for all versions of Windows 10 and KB4560960 is for version 1909 and 1903. Though the package does not incorporate any new features but definitely brings some fixes and issues.
Users will get KB4560960 automatically through Windows Update but still, there is another way as well to grab the patch. Explore the below section to find more about this security update. Let’s start –
KB4560960 Windows 10 1909 and 1903
Here is KB4560960 Windows 10 1909 and 1903 changelog –
Windows 10 1909 (18363.900) Highlights
This package carries quality enhancements and major modifications include –
- Firstly, all the improvements from its previous version. Windows 10 1903.
- Secondly, for this patch, no extra complications were listed.
Windows 10 1903 (18362.900) Highlights
The list of changes are as follows –
- Security developments are out while using Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer as well.
- Releases updates to enhance security whenever Windows will carry out basic functionalities.
- Microsoft Office products also grab security updates in this roll out.
- Performance of external devices like printers, web cameras, and game controllers along with input devices will perform more accurately with security updates.
- Microsoft Store and Microsoft Xbox will also incorporate security updates.
- The process of verifying usernames and passwords is developed.
Users might encounter an issue to reach out to the internet after installing this patch. It will be evident on Windows 10 device with a wireless wide area network (WWAN) LTE modem.
Unfortunately, the notification area might continue to indicate the “Network Connectivity Status Indicator” (in short NCSI) that you are still connected.
The team is working on a resolution and will soon come up with an update in the forthcoming release.
How to Get KB4560960 Security Update
Prior to receiving this patch, the system must have the latest SSU update. However, go through the below instructions of Windows Update channel to grab this patch –
- Press Win logo + I hotkey to open Windows Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates button on the right pane.
Alternatively, navigate to Microsoft Update Catalog page to grab the supportable file and then install it manually.
Source – Release Note