Waiting for the Patch Tuesday release; be ready as Microsoft has rolled out the July 2020 security updates. Windows 10 1809 has got KB4558998 that includes some very significant changes and fixes. The patch addresses several issues and releases certain important security updates as well.
Windows 10 version 1809 will download KB4558998 and install it automatically and you need nothing to do. However, you will have to give your approval for the installation to start. Follow the methods at the lower part of this post to receive this Patch Tuesday update –
KB4558998 Windows 10 1809 update
See the most important changes and improvements and fixes for the update –
- The usage of the browsers Internet Explorer (IE) and Microsoft Edge Legacy will be more secured.
- Basic operations that Windows executes also receive security updates.
- Security updates are delivered to several Microsoft Office products.
- Input devices like keyboard, stylus, or mouse have strengthened their securities as well.
- Microsoft Store security has also reached another level.
- KB4558998 rolls out an update that always stops certain applications from printing documents that incorporate graphics or large files.
Improvements and Fixes
- This security update focuses on a problem that loads Browser Helper Objects in Microsoft Edge IE mode.
- KB4558998 deals with a complication that might cause lsass.exe to fail with status code c0000008 and throw following error note – A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed. The machine must now be restarted.”
- After installation of Windows Updates that were rolled out on 9th June 2020, an issue was prominent during printing. Microsoft resolves this problem that stops certain apps from printing documents that contain graphics or large files.
Devices after the installation of KB4493509 might encounter an issue. If they have certain Asian language packs installed, they may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
- First of all, Reinstall Windows 10 Language Pack that you have recently added.
- Secondly, ensure to Check for Updates and install the April 2019 Cumulative Update.
Note – If reinstalling the language pack fails to resolve the complication, then proceed with the following –
- Open Windows Settings app => Update & Security => Recovery.
- Click “Get Started” that appears under the Reset this PC recovery option.
- Select Keep my Files.
The upcoming release will have a resolution as the team is currently working on it.
How to Download KB4558998 on Windows 10 1809 and install
Must remember to install the most SSU KB4558997 before beginning the download of the update. Now follow any of these 2 ways –
1] Through Windows update
- Launch the Settings app (with the combination of Win and I keys) and select Update & Security from the app UI.
- Click Check for updates located on the right of the subsequent page.
- Downloading for the KB4558998 will start in a moment. Wait for a little (time period depends on internet connection speed) and click on Install when asked.
2] Using Microsoft Update Catalog
- Go to the Microsoft update catalog using the link at the bottom of this part. Search the update file supporting your system architecture.
- A pop up page will prompt; click on the solitary link here.
- Double click on the MSU extension File from the directory where the file is saved to perform the installation.
Source – Release note