Customary is going on as Microsoft rolled out the Patch Tuesday package of security aka cumulative update for the month of July 2020. Windows 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) and 1903 (18362.959) have got KB4565483 a short while ago with a set of improvements and fixes.
Because Windows 10 keeps the automatic update enabled by default so you will receive KB4565483 automatically on your system. Once downloading of the patch gets over the system will ask for your consent to start the installation. Your confirmation will instantly reboot the PC and install the update in a while. However, you have the ability to obtain the update manually by pursuing the bottom part of this article. See all the patches here – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates List.
KB4565483 Windows 10 1909 and 1903 update
Here are KB4565483 changelog and noticeable change –
- It contains updates with a view to enhance security during the usage of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge Legacy.
- While using Microsoft Office products also, users will experience another layer of security.
- Input devices like stylus, keyboard, the mouse will receive security updates as well.
- Microsoft Store improvisation is also included in the patch.
- Whenever Windows will carry out the fundamental functions, its security will be more.
- Storage and management of files also receive an update.
- Microsoft fixes the problem that does not allow certain applications from printing documents that contain graphics or large files.
For Windows 10 1909
This security patch incorporates certain quality enhancements. Major modifications are –
- Contains all the improvements from its previous version Windows 10 1903.
- This release does not record any extra problems.
For Windows 10 1903
- KB4565483 deals with a complication that loads Browser Helper Objects in Microsoft Edge IE mode.
- The patch also focuses on a problem that might fail lsass.exe with an error note stating “A critical system process, C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe, failed with status code c0000008. The machine must now be restarted.”
- Carrying with the fixes, the update also resolves an issue that blocks certain applications from printing documents. They are of large files or contain graphics after installing Windows Updates that were released on “9th June 2020”.
Users with a wireless wide area network (WWAN) LTE modem might face difficulties in reaching the internet. The issue will be prominent for users after installing this update. However, the “Network Connectivity Status Indicator” (in short NCSI) in the notification area might still indicate that you are connected to the internet.
The team is working on a resolution and will soon come up with a fix in the forthcoming release.
How to Download KB4565483 on Windows 10 1909 and install
First of all, don’t forget to install the latest SSU KB4565554 before starting to download the update. Once done follow either of the following 2 ways –
1] Using Windows Update
- Open Windows Settings and select the category Update & Security from the app UI.
- Click the link that reads Check for updates from right side of the subsequent page.
- Scanning and downloading of KB4565483 will be started. Click on Install when asked.
2] From Microsoft Update Catalog
- Navigate to the page – this website by clicking the link in the bottom and locate the file compatible with your system architecture.
- Select on Download on the right and choose the link that appears in a popup page.
- Right-click on the MSU File and click on Open from the location where the file is saved to perform the installation.
Source – Release Note