Windows 10 1809 gets security update on June 2020 patch Tuesday today. KB4561608 includes some important fixes and improvements for .msi files and promotion of a server to a domain controller. KB increases OS build version to 17763.1282.
KB4561608 will be installed on Windows 10 1809 automatically through WSUS. Furthermore, you are able to manually install the patch using MSI installer available from Microsoft update catalog.
KB4561608 Windows 10 1809 17763.1282 update
Here is KB4561608 Windows 10 1809 17763.1282 update changelog –
- Patch improves security when using the browsers Microsoft Edge and (IE) Internet Explorer.
- Enhances security when Windows carries out basic operations.
- Updates to boost security for MS Office products.
- Strengthen security for input devices, for example, stylus mouse, or keyboard.
- KB4561608 improves security in the Microsoft Store and Xbox.
- The patch brings updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Also Updates for storing and managing files.
Patch Tuesday June 2020 update Improvements and fixes
- The patch addresses updating .msi files that cannot be updated from a network folder.
- Works on promotion of a server to a domain controller that fails. This problem occurs when the LSASS aka Local Security Authority Subsystem Service process is configured as Protected Process Light or PPL.
- Security updates t different Microsoft products.
KB4561608 Known issues
|Computers having certain Asian language packs after receiving KB4493509 may encounter the error, code 0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.||Remove and then re-install any recent language packs. For instructions, see How to Configure Display and Input Language Settings on Windows 10.
2. Click on Check for Updates and install KB4493509.
Important – In case this method doesn’t work then reset your PC as follows –
Go to the Settings app => Recovery.
Click on Get Started underneath Reset this PC.
Go with Keep my Files.
How to download and install KB4561608 Windows 10 1809 17763.1282 update
Remember to install the most recent SSU KB4562562 before installing this patch.
- Now open Windows Settings using any method.
- Select Update & Security.
- Once Windows update page appears click on the link “Check for updates”.
- Wait to complete scanning and downloading and click on Install or choose a suitable time using active hours.
Alternatively, go to Microsoft update catalog and download the patch supporting your system (like x86, x64, ARM64). Double click and follow the suggestions on the screen to complete the installation.
Source – Release note.