Windows 10 2004 has received KB4562899 as a .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 preview update. The update includes cumulative reliability improvements for the version.
This 31 July 2020 update as part of your regular maintenance routines and will be automatically downloaded on your system. It includes improvements for CLR 1, SQL, ASP.NET, WPF 2, WCF3, Net Libraries, Winforms, and Winforms Accessibility. You can manually KB4562899 from Microsoft update catalog.
KB4562899 for .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5
The cumulative preview update addresses multiple issues in CLR1. For SQL, this package brings improvements in an exception Execution Timeout Expired and other. KB4562899 addresses problems with forms authentication and session state configuration sections in ASP.net and many other issues. For WPF the cumulative preview update comes out with 10 improvements. similarly, WCF3, Net Library, and Winforms are taken care of with this update.
How to download the .NET Framework update and install
You can download KB4562899 .NET Framework 4.8, 3.5 preview update for Windows 10 2004 and install using 2 methods. Follow anyone –
Method-1: Through Windows update
- Open the Windows Settings app (Win+I).
- Select Update & Security.
- Click on Check for updates.
- Wait a while for checking and downloading the cumulative preview update and click on Restart now when asked.
Method-2: From Microsoft update catalog
- Go to Microsoft update catalog (direct download link).
- Find the file supporting for your system and click on Download from the right.
- Once another page appears click on the solitary link there.
- After the .msu file is downloaded double click on the same and perform the installation.
Source – Release note.