Security update package for Windows 10 1709 for August 2020 Patch is available now. KB4571741 is the patch that brings some significant fixes and changes. The Aug update takes the build to 16299.2045
You are able to download KB4571741 automatically until you have not modified the Windows update Settings. Once the downloading is completed all you need is to click on Install now button. However, you can receive the patch by visiting the links and methods provided in the end part of this post. Go to to see all the patches – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates.
KB4571741 for Windows 10 1709 Security update improvements and fixes
Here is KB4571741 Changelog –
- Package brings to improvement in security at the time of using IE/Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge Legacy browsers.
- Cumulative update boosts security when Windows implements basic operations.
- Furthermore, this has updates to store and manage files.
- Carries security improvements when managing input devices (such as keyboard, mouse, or pen).
Changes and fixes
- The Tuesday patch KB4571741 for Windows 10 1709 works on certain applications that fail to respond during under load if they rely on the JScript Scripting Engine.
- Security update for Aug 2020 restricts you from installing some .msi applications. When a device is affected by a Group Policy that redirects the AppData folder to a network folder the problem takes place.
- The package works on UWP apps that allow single sign-on authentication despite an app does not hold the Enterprise Authentication ability. With the rollout of to fix vulnerability CVE-2020-1509, UWP apps might begin prompting the user for credentials.
- Security updates to all Microsoft Windows components.
How to download KB4571741 and install on Windows 10 1709
Direct Download links –
|Download Windows 10 1709 cumulative update from Microsoft update catalog||Servicing Stack update KB4565553|
Through Windows update –
- Bring up Settings with the help of Win+I keys.
- Once found select Update & Security.
- Go to the right side of the next page and click Check for updates
- After you received the file on your PC, click on Install now.
Via Microsoft update catalog
- Visit link from the table to get access to the update on the Microsoft update catalog website.
- Locate the update file relevant to your system architecture and click on Download.
- Right-click and open the .msu extension file from download location and let the installation finish.
Source – Release note.