Security update package for Windows 10 1809 for August 2020 Patch is available now. KB4565349 is the patch that brings many significant fixes and changes. The patch takes the build number to 17763.1397.
KB4565349 is automatically downloadable until you have not altered the Windows update Settings. However, you can install the patch using the links and methods provided in the last of this post. Furthermore, you can find in the update monitor page – Windows 10 Cumulative Updates.
KB4565349 forWindows 10 1809 Security update improvements and fixes
Here is KB4565349 Changelog –
- Security patch improves security when running the browsers Microsoft Edge Legacy and (IE) Internet Explorer.
- The package improves security when Windows implements basic operations.
- Boosts security when handling input devices (such as pen, mouse, or keyboard).
- Updates for authenticating usernames and passwords.
- Brings updates for storing plus managing files.
Improvements and fixes
- The cumulative patch addresses UWP apps that enable single sign-on authentication when an app does not have the Enterprise Authentication capability. With the rollout of CVE-2020-1509, UWP applications might trigger prompting the user for credentials.
- Update provides the capability of a Windows Embedded Compact 2013 OS instance and apps to operate on top of Windows 10 IoT Core with the help of Windows CE App Container.
- Security updates to entire Microsoft Windows components.
How to download KB4565349 and install on Windows 10 1809
Direct Download links –
|Download Windows 10 1809 cumulative update from Microsoft update catalog||Servicing Stack update KB4566424|
Through Windows update
- Press Windows+I keys and allow the Settings homepage to appear.
- Once here, click on Update & Security.
- Click Check for updates from the right side of the next page.
- After the downloading gets completed click on Install now.
Via Microsoft update catalog
- Click on the link from the table to get access to the patch on the Microsoft update catalog site.
- Find the KB4565349 update file appropriate for your system architecture and click on Download.
- Double click on the file from download location and allow the installation to finish.
Source – Release note.