Windows 10 2004 received an optional update today on 03 Sep 2020. Having laden with improvements and fixes the non-security patch KB4571744 increases OS Build to 19041.488.
You are able to download KB4571744 automatically if you have not changed the default Windows Update Settings. Furthermore, you can go to the respective settings using the method in the last and install the patch anytime.
KB4571744 Windows 10 2004 19041.488 Preview Version
Here is KB4571744 changelog –
Changes and fixes
This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
- KB4571744 addresses the pinned Add-ins problem that leads Microsoft Outlook to become unresponsive.
- The non security patch allows syncing the browser Microsoft Edge IE Mode unidirectional session cookie if an admin manages the session cookie.
- It tries to solve rendering PeerDist-encoded content in both the browsers Edge and IE.
- Cumulative update works on ActiveX content that might not be loading.
- This optional update works on an issue black screen issue that occurs to Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) users when they try to sign in.
- It takes on applications that use the custom text wrapping function might stop working in particular scenarios.
- Tries to solve on Start menu applications and tiles in VDI environments. The problem occurs after signing in to the environment secondly and using a Remote Desktop User Profile Disk in a non-persistent virtual desktop pool.
- Addresses printing to a document repository throws an error.
- KB4571744 Windows 10 2004 19041.488 addresses Visual Basic 6.0 (VB6) applications that can not use ListView in OCXafter upgrading to Windows 10 v1903 and greater.
- The patch works on a runtime error that leads VB6 to stop working when duplicate windows messages are forwarded to WindowProc().
- Update works on stop error that occurs when the initialization of the graphics adapter fails.
- Tries to fix an issue to reduce the likelihood of missing fonts.
- Works on reducing the size of a window is not possible in some cases.
- Addresses touch keyboard that closes when you touch any key.
- Works on the addition of an unwanted keyboard layout as default after a migration or upgrade despite you have already removed the layout.
- Tries to solve applications that can not close even though programming code directs them to close.
- Works on taking a screenshot of a window with the help of PrintWindow API that fails.
- KB4571744 works on memory leak problem in exe that occurs when you refresh an app that has an editable box.
- Tries to settle down truncating a potential list of characters (candidates) that occurs when you type characters in the Simplified Chinese (Pinyin) input method editor (IME). Chinese characters don’t appear when this takes place.
- Works on the first key stroke that can’t be recognized accurately in the DataGridView.
- The cumulative patch tries to solve an app that uses dll and stops working with the error code 0xc0000005 (Access violation) exception appears.
- The non-security package tries to resolve Dynamic Data Exchange that causes a memory leak when many customers connect to the same server.
- Tries to settle down on Cortana Smart lighting that cannot work as expected if you shut down the machine while Fast Shutdown is enabled.
- This patch will give you the ability for DTS Headphone and Dolby Atmos for Headphones. Now you can use X 24-bit mode on the devices that support 24-bit audio.
- The package works on IME user dictionary that cannot be used when leveraging folder redirection with user profiles.
- Optional update addresses Microsoft Office that terminates unexpectedly when using a Korean IME.
- KB4571744 Windows 10 2004 19041.488 addresses incorrect folder properties appears in File Explorer when the path is longer than MAX_PATH.
- Patch addresses the blurry sign-in screen problem.
- It works Windows Update that becomes unresponsive when checking for updates.
- Works on correct lock screen cannot appear problem that occurs when the following policies are configured –
Policy – Interactive Logon: Do not require Ctrl+Alt+Del – Disabled.
Registry string – HKLM\SOFRWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
DisableLockScreenAppNotifications = 1
DisableLogonBackgroundImage = 1
- 03 September 2020 patch addresses File Explorer that stops working problem that occurs when browsing directories of raw images and other file types.
- Patch Improves the tablet experience for hybrid or convertible devices in docked scenarios.
- Furthermore, it Improves the Windows Hello enrollment page experience for face and fingerprint setup.
- After the update different tenants cannot sign in to a Surface Hub device.
- Patch updates time zone information for 2 regions Yukon and Canada.
- It addresses the stop error 0xC2 in sys.
- Furthermore, the package addresses the Event Viewer Microsoft Management Console (MMC) that stops working when the secondary monitor is above the primary monitor. However, an out of bounds exception appears.
- The knowledgebase patch addresses the migration of the Windows Remote Management (WinRM) service startup type does not happen.
- KB4571744 works on object performance counters problem.
- Cumulative update settles down Microsoft User Experience Virtualization settings that cannot roaming to enable the signature files. These files are used for new messages, sent messages, and replies.
- KB4571744 tries to solve REG_EXPAND_SZkeys cannot be set in some automated scenarios.
- The non security patch works on EnhancedAppLayerSecurity node in modern device management that cannot be configured correctly to client devices.
- The package addresses memory leak that occurs in the exeprocess when the server is under a heavy authentication load plus Credential Guard is enabled.
- KB4571744 tries to resolve the delay of upto 2 minutes when unlocking or signing in a session on Hybrid Azure Active Directory-joined machines.
- The September first non security patch works on hash signing does not work correctly problem when using the Microsoft Platform Crypto Provider for Trusted Platform Module (TPM). The issue might also affect networking software, for example, VPN applications.
- Release tries to solve the previous username hint that continuously appears in the smart card sign in box. The issue occurs after a different user has used the machine with domain credentials.
- Update works communication with the TPM problem that time out and fails.
- It addresses AppLocker cannot run an application sometimes whose publisher rule allows it to run.
- The cumulative update works on AppLocker publisher rules that might sometimes prevent applications from loading software modules. This can cause partial application failure.
- The patch tries to fix the promotion of a server to a domain controller that fails. The problem happens when the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) process is configured as Protected Process Light.
- The optional update addresses unlocking a device is not possible if you typed a space before the username when you first signed in to the device.
- The patch works on system stops working and generates a 7E stop code problem.
- Addresses applications to take a long time to open problem.
- The cumulative patch tries to solve classification failures generated due to the wrong User Principal Name (UPN).
- It tries to settle down cluster scenarios that cannot handle .vmcx and .vmrs files to become invalid after storage failover. Subsequently, live migration, and other virtual machines maintenance activities fail with the message “STATUS_UNEXPECTED_NETWORK_ERROR”.
- The release works on interrupt targeting that might cause an interrupt to arrive at an incorrect processor.
- Update addresses delays during shutdown when running the Microsoft Keyboard Filter Service.
- Patch tries to fix a machine that requests a new IP address after authentication.
- Non security patch Works on Background Intelligent Transfer Service that downloads data even a device is in the cellular mode without explicit user permission.
- The update tries to fix Always On VPN (AOVPN) can not automatically reconnect when resuming from Hibernate or Sleep.
- Furthermore, the CU addresses AOVPN user tunnels that use an incorrect certificate.
- Update tries to resolve AOVPN problem that occurs when user and device tunnels are set to connect to the same endpoint.
- Also, the update addresses VPN applications that stop working in some cases when they try to enumerate VPN profiles.
- KB4571744 addresses the Optimize Drives dialog problem that leads to incorrectly report that previously optimized drives require to be optimized again.
- The update tries to fix an issue because of which the host memory buffer (HMB) cannot be turned off when you force the shutdown of a device. Consequently, solid-state drives do not delete HMB contents.
- LCU September 2020 apps update can not be downloaded or opened in certain scenarios.
- The patch works on stop error (0xC00002E3) that occurs at startup. This problem happens after installing certain Windows Updates that were issued on or after 21 April 2020.
- Works on stop error 7E in syson servers running the Network File System (NFS) service.
- The patch tries to fix the Server Message Block (SMB). The problem incorrectly logs the Microsoft-Windows-SMBClient 31013 event in the Microsoft-Windows-SMBClient/Security event log of an SMB client when an SMB server returns “STATUS_USER_SESSION_DELETED”. And also when SMB client users or applications start multiple SMB sessions using the same set of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) connections on the same SMB Server. This problem most likely occurs on Remote Desktop Servers.
- KB4571744 tries to solve SMB that incorrectly uses the original, cached non-Continuous Available handle to a file. Because of this, the handle becomes invalid after a network error or storage failover. Consequently, applications fail with errors, for example, STATUS_UNEXPECTED_NETWORK_ERROR.
- The update tries to settle the loss of written data problem that occurs when an application opens a file and writes to the end of the file in a shared folder.
- LCU works on some apps such as MS Excel problem that occurs when using the Microsoft Input Method Editor (IME) for Japanese and Chinese languages. You might encounter an error, or the app might stop responding or close when you try to drag using the mouse.
KB4571744 Known issues
|IME for Chinese or Japanese language users might encounter issues when trying different tasks. You might not be able to enter text, might have problems with input, or get unexpected results.||This is currently resolved issue, therefore, see KB4564002|
How to download KB4571744 on Windows 10 2004 19041.488 Preview Version
First of all, make sure that you have installed SSU KB4570334, If not then install it. Then follow the methods –
1] Through Windows update
Press the Win+I and select the Update & Security.
On next page, click the Check for updates.
When downloaded, select Install now.
2] Through Microsoft update catalog
- Click the direct download link from the below table and download KB4571744.
- Double click the MSU file to install.
KB4571744 Direct download links –
|Version and architecture||LCU||SSU|
|Windows 10 2004 x64||KB4571744||Link|
|Windows 10 2004 x86||KB4571744||Link|
|Windows 10 2004 ARM64||KB4571744||Link|
|Windows Server 2004 x64||KB4571744||Link|
|Windows Server 2004 ARM||KB4571744||Link|
Source – Release note.